Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other European Airlines
Reload this Page >

Is it a good idea to book a Icelandair city break for late Nov trip now?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is it a good idea to book a Icelandair city break for late Nov trip now?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2008, 2:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL silver and UA silver
Question Is it a good idea to book a Icelandair city break for late Nov trip now?

I heard some news about the crisis in Iceland and would like to know it will affect my short trip there on late November (by FI city break package sold on its website)?

Does Icelandair has problems for its business? I am worried to be thrown in Iceland without flights flying back to UK.

Should I bring my own food for this trip? What can I expect to see the disorders happened there in the society and economy during my trip?

I know the natural environment will not be changed and that is the reason I want to go there. But other problems, like flight, food, transportation could destroy my trip.

Please give me some insights and advices. Welcome any Icelander to reply and clarify my confusion and worries.

Many thanks.
Old Oct 8, 2008, 5:03 pm

Exchange rate should be good!!!!!
Old Oct 9, 2008, 3:02 am

Programs: MVP Gold 75K, Board Room, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
I am certain in even the worst of cases, the icelandic economy will float just fine until the end of the year.

The most interesting piece of this is that if you purchase your flight in kr off iceland air's website (you might need to put up with a bit of icelandic) right now, you are looking at a $200-300ish round trip from boston in mid november.

The USD airfare is about $500+...
Old Oct 10, 2008, 11:12 am

Programs: BA Silver, FI, AC
Originally Posted by maokh
I am certain in even the worst of cases, the icelandic economy will float just fine until the end of the year.
I certainly hope that the Icelandic economy pulls its socks up as soon as poss, as I need to go back there next year.

Icelandair have been around for a long, long time - not that that means much these days, but between FI's business and NY's (Air Iceland, the domestic and Greenland services) things should tick over much the same (I fervently hope so, at least).

Icelanders are resiliant, and you shouldn't find the shops empty and little to eat. There are a great many greenhouses around the country to supply fresh fruit and veg, thanks to all the geothermal energy available, and lots of local dairy products.

Very little is certain for any of us right now, so hope for the best and enjoy your visit to beautiful Iceland.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.