Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air Malta - Information, etc.

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2024, 11:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Flying KM for the first time on a flight booked through their website.

Web check-in was very easy. First and only airline I've ever flown that doesn't require any personal info other than my name to fly. They haven't asked me once for passport or identification information or even a birth date. Simply my name and gender when I booked.

Seat selection: I refused to pre-book a seat as it's a short flight LIN-MLA so if they stick me in a middle then so be it. But surprisingly the seat map at 23h45min before departure was wide open and I could select any seat. I opted for the first row of coach (row 3) window. The two exit rows were already booked or that would have been my preference. My BP is issued with seat 3A assigned.

What I can't find any info on is KM's boarding process. I've been assigned BG 1 which I assume is after business class and pre-boarders. But is there only a BG 1 for coach or do they use multiple zones like most airlines? Guess I'll find out tomorrow if nobody replies sooner. And my flight is 100% full so if I don't board early enough I may just check my carry on for free (email came out today saying because the flight is full that people can check their carry on free of charge at check-in or the gate).

-RM
Old Mar 14, 2024, 12:01 pm

Great to read that free seat selection is available 24h before. Did you figure out the BG1?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.