Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other European Airlines
Reload this Page >

Possible to pool points from Air Europa flights?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Possible to pool points from Air Europa flights?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2024, 1:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by marconess
Getting bussed the terminal at Madrid (T1/2/3) is usually a sign you arrived at a location which requires you to go to immigration as the gate has arrived at a non-schegn gate, or vice versa.
I would assume that these 787s are used on domestic routes to keep them in the air for more hours in the day. (instead of having them wait around MAD all day for its next South American turn)

Therefore, as you say, often they are needed at a non-Schengen gate, and it's more practical to use buses instead of moving the actual planes around from gate to gate. It's one of the downsides...
Old Feb 25, 2024, 1:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Originally Posted by aster

Will definitely be using Air Europa more often when flying into or via MAD. Tempted to give their business class a try too as it looked very spacious indeed...
Just remember that not all their routes fly with a wide body with a separate business class cabin!

if on a 737 it’s a very different proposition indeed where business class is the same seat in economy but with the centre seat blocked off

see seat maps here

https://www.aerolopa.com/ux
Old Feb 25, 2024, 9:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold>>>Silver>>>Blue, Finnair Silver, Royal Caribbean Diamond
Originally Posted by marconess
Getting bussed the terminal at Madrid (T1/2/3) is usually a sign you arrived at a location which requires you to go to immigration as the gate has arrived at a non-schegn gate, or vice versa.
It was a "domestic" flight from the Canaries, so no passport control. But maybe this was a way to divert pax to a different baggage claim area that receives more scrutiny as the Canary Islands are in the EU but outside of the VAT area?

Originally Posted by craigthemif
Therefore, as you say, often they are needed at a non-Schengen gate, and it's more practical to use buses instead of moving the actual planes around from gate to gate.
Good point. This makes more sense than my "baggage claim/customs" thoughts as the plane could well be heading across the Atlantic next so it might as well park at the appropriate gate for that.

Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
Just remember that not all their routes fly with a wide body with a separate business class cabin!

if on a 737 it’s a very different proposition indeed where business class is the same seat in economy but with the centre seat blocked off
Oh yes, it all depends on the metal used and I have seen that their various flights during the day alternate between the 787 and 737. Definitely not going to try biz on the 737 but even on the 787 is seems that their business class seats vary quite considerably. So still a gamble in the end...
marconess likes this.

Last edited by aster; Feb 25, 2024 at 9:31 am
Old Feb 27, 2024, 8:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold>>>Silver>>>Blue, Finnair Silver, Royal Caribbean Diamond
Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
see seat maps here

https://www.aerolopa.com/ux
How up-to-date are those seat maps?

The plane I was on recently (albeit in economy) was the 787-9 with the 1-2-1 biz layout which looked very spacious: https://www.aerolopa.com/ux-789-2

But I also see an alternative layout for the 787-9 that has a 2-2-2 setup: https://www.aerolopa.com/ux-789-1 Is this still around or have they been retrofitted to the above?
Old Apr 25, 2024, 3:10 am

Angry

I have experienced multiple aircraft swaps with Air Europa and I would be careful with booking Business Class on intra European flights operated by 787. My latest experience was between MAD and TFN. Flight originally booked in J on a 787 and after several swaps I ended up on an old 737 (the departure time also changed... very unreliable) -.-'

Last edited by mada11ad; Apr 26, 2024 at 7:56 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.