Search

Norwegian Oslo Connection

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2022, 5:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Executive Club, Aeroplan
Norwegian Oslo Connection

Hi,

I'm looking at booking a ticket BER-OSL-MUC with Norwegian for travel in Sept. The first fare they are offering has a 45 minute connection. This seems like a tight connection, especially with checked bags. As they only have one flight a day to Munich I'm a little nervous. I can book flights with a 1hr 30 min connection, so that seems sensible, but its first thing in the morning, so if Oslo is easy to transit through I'd rather sleep a bit later!

Thanks so much for any help and advice.
Old Jul 18, 2022, 8:05 pm

Programs: NZ*G, QRPC Gold
Originally Posted by greenmeadie
Hi,

I'm looking at booking a ticket BER-OSL-MUC with Norwegian for travel in Sept. The first fare they are offering has a 45 minute connection. This seems like a tight connection, especially with checked bags. As they only have one flight a day to Munich I'm a little nervous. I can book flights with a 1hr 30 min connection, so that seems sensible, but its first thing in the morning, so if Oslo is easy to transit through I'd rather sleep a bit later!

Thanks so much for any help and advice.
Connections at OSL are normally painless with checked luggage IF you are transferring Domestic-International, or International-International on the same ticket.

You've listed BER-OSL-MUC (which is Berlin-Oslo-Munich, not sold on Norwegian's website) - so I'm assuming you're meaning Bergen-Oslo-Munich (BGO-OSL-MUC). 45 minutes should be fine, if on the same ticket and your bags checked through.

Different story if you're on separate tickets - then I'd pad the connection time a lot.
Old Jul 19, 2022, 12:10 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by HaaZe
Connections at OSL are normally painless with checked luggage IF you are transferring Domestic-International, or International-International on the same ticket.

You've listed BER-OSL-MUC (which is Berlin-Oslo-Munich, not sold on Norwegian's website) - so I'm assuming you're meaning Bergen-Oslo-Munich (BGO-OSL-MUC). 45 minutes should be fine, if on the same ticket and your bags checked through.

Different story if you're on separate tickets - then I'd pad the connection time a lot.
Thanks for the insight! Very helpful.

Sorry, yes I did mean Bergen - Oslo - Munich! That's really helpful. The flights will be on the same PNR and I was looking and the Bergen - Oslo flights seem to be almost always on time and success early so would have a bit more connection time in Oslo. My only concern is DY only have the one flight a day to Munich so if we missed it would they reprotect us onto LH? I assume not and would just put us on the following days flight.
Old Jul 19, 2022, 2:48 am

Programs: NZ*G, QRPC Gold
Thanks for the insight! Very helpful.

Sorry, yes I did mean Bergen - Oslo - Munich! That's really helpful. The flights will be on the same PNR and I was looking and the Bergen - Oslo flights seem to be almost always on time and success early so would have a bit more connection time in Oslo. My only concern is DY only have the one flight a day to Munich so if we missed it would they reprotect us onto LH? I assume not and would just put us on the following days flight.
Hah - now here the devil is in the detail:

From the DY website (verified same information in Norwegian as well as in English). They'll put you on another carrier if it stops them from owing you compensation. Otherwise they'll transfer you to the next flight. Note the OSL-MUC flight leaves 11ish, and LH at 1135am, so not much leeway there. There could be options from OSL via ARN or CPH though.

Connecting flights

If you've booked a connecting flight with us (one reservation number) and you miss your connection because your first flight is cancelled or delayed, we'll make sure you're transferred to our next available flight to your final destination. You'll also be entitled to food and overnight accommodation, if needed.

Booked two flights with us but they're not part of the same reservation?

If you've left at least 120 minutes between your arrival and new departure, and you miss your flight because circumstances for which we can be held responsible, we'll do our best to book you on our next available flight.

Connections with alternative carriers or other means of transport

We're generally not responsible for onward connections with other airlines or other means of transport. The exception is if we're liable for compensation if passengers miss their connecting flight. This is in accordance with our General Conditions of Carriage.

Last edited by HaaZe; Jul 19, 2022 at 2:49 am Reason: typo corrected
Old Jul 19, 2022, 6:57 am
Original Poster

That is really helpful and exactly what I was trying to find myself. As it's only one flight a day and I really don't trust them to reprotect onto other metal, I think I'll book the earlier departure to be safe. Haven flown much with Norwegian to know what they're like with delay handling.

Thanks so much for your help! Really appreciate it
Old Jul 19, 2022, 6:58 am
Original Poster

That is really helpful and exactly what I was trying to find myself. As it's only one flight a day and I really don't trust them to reprotect onto other metal, I think I'll book the earlier departure to be safe. Haven flown much with Norwegian to know what they're like with delay handling.

Thanks so much for your help! Really appreciate it
Old Jul 19, 2022, 10:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
I'm looking at booking a ticket BER-OSL-MUC with Norwegian for travel in Sept.
Do yourself (and the planet) a favour; book the train

EDIT: now I see you're not trying to perform a domestic German trip via Norway
HaaZe likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.