Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other European Airlines
Reload this Page >

Norwegian baggage charges & extras LGW-ARN

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2022, 11:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, AA PLT PRO, AGR, Strawberry (Nordic Choice), Marriott Bonvoy

Booked a ticket on Norwegian airlines from LGW-ARN through GotoGate travel agent. (This was actually booked as a backup possibility for a BA flight which has now been canceled, so I’m considering getting a refund from BA and actually using the Norwegian flight).

After a lot of hassle I finally got the actual PNR as opposed to some random reservation codes they provided which seemed completely irrelevant, so I am able to log in to the Norwegian website and see the reservation.

I want to add some larger cabin bags, maybe checked bags (unlikely) and perhaps better seats/fast track etc maybe even lounge access if they give it in Gatwick. How much do these things cost? Flight is for 20 July — Norwegian’s PNR shows that I’d have to contact the travel agent to buy baggage which is annoying since they don’t seem to answer the phone. Not sure why I can’t just do it on Norwegians own site.

Also — how does Norwegian cope with delays and irrops? Is there any talk of strikes/disruptions this summer with them?

I have to get to ARN by the next day afternoon. If absolutely necessary could go on the first flight of the day on July 21st if there were problems with our flight (last one of the day LGW-ARN on July 20th) but can’t leave that to chance.
Old Jul 4, 2022, 6:36 am

Originally Posted by salut0
Also — how does Norwegian cope with delays and irrops? Is there any talk of strikes/disruptions this summer with them?
I don't think there is anything Norwegian specific distruptions expected in near future. Obviously many airports have been in trouble lately mainly due to staff shortage and that may affect also Norwegian's operations and may cause delays. And in usual budget airline fashion IRROPS handling can be limited, certainly don't expect any rerouting on any other airlines.
Originally Posted by salut0
I have to get to ARN by the next day afternoon. If absolutely necessary could go on the first flight of the day on July 21st if there were problems with our flight (last one of the day LGW-ARN on July 20th) but can’t leave that to chance.
If you travelling one day early I would not worry too much.
salut0 likes this.
Old Jul 7, 2022, 8:23 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the info. Now actually considering not using the Norwegian tickets. I noticed they have a free rebooking offer for tickets bought before some date in august which can be rebooked until October. Could this be combined with a name change and/or using the total credit amount for the three flights I have for rebooking fewer flights but more expensive ones? I might not be able to use the tickets before October but a relative might. Also, does it matter if you booked through a travel agency and not direct with Norwegian?https://www.norwegian.com/uk/infourl...exiblebooking/
Old Jul 19, 2022, 11:40 pm
Original Poster

Bumping this in case anyone has any suggestions

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.