Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other European Airlines
Reload this Page >

Anyone know anything about the proposed new carrier "Norse Atlantic?"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Anyone know anything about the proposed new carrier "Norse Atlantic?"

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2023, 10:57 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Not off to a good start at JFK. Wrong door opened allowing passengers on Paris to JFK flight into departure airside T7.

https://www.businessinsider.com/pass...airport-2023-4

https://www.reddit.com/r/Flights/com...et_us_off_the/
Old Apr 10, 2023, 11:20 am

Programs: Starriot Platinum, DL PM, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Explorist
Many airlines require Roundtrip purchase Transatlantic to access their most discounted fares. This is also one case where the cruise affiliated travel agency may have access to one-way fares on those airlines that are not available to the general public.
farci and gretchendz like this.
Old Apr 11, 2023, 12:49 am

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
Originally Posted by seawolf
Not off to a good start at JFK. Wrong door opened allowing passengers on Paris to JFK flight into departure airside T7.

https://www.businessinsider.com/pass...airport-2023-4

https://www.reddit.com/r/Flights/com...et_us_off_the/
Well... that's on the ground handlers, not on the airline...
Old Apr 11, 2023, 2:04 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles (silver), Lounge Key
I think it was a good move to partner with European low-cost carriers to offer service with transfers to many European destinations within one reservation.

A friend took them recently in premium on FLL-BER and back. The hard product is very good, staff friendly and helpful. premium was half-full and the meal was actually very good.

But it was difficult to even find the airline - and when I needed to call to verify something, FLL still had “Norwegian” but not “Norse” in the directory and it did not lead anywhere anyway. In time of stress it may feel like some SCAM airline that does not exist!

I noticed LGW-FLL is back and we will be trying other routes in September again. I wish it was clear to see where they are flying and when, I can do around with transfers but it does take effort to find what I need, with all the seasonal breaks in their schedule.

Let us hope they will succeed.
Old Apr 11, 2023, 2:50 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles (silver), Lounge Key
Norse is good. A former Norwegian. They fly new airplanes and all is basic but very good. Pay a bit more for the premium seat, it is not that expensive. One way ticket in this case is cheap and good way to get you home.
gretchendz likes this.

Last edited by prgboy; Apr 12, 2023 at 1:56 am
Old Apr 23, 2023, 2:15 pm

Programs: Lifetime AA Plat, UA status-less after 15 years
They are fantastic. Especially, for the money. Great planes, terrific cabin crew, no hassles. Now my go to carrier to get over the Atlantic for sure. The premium economy is really like old school business class. We use them often.
Old Apr 26, 2023, 7:46 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Norse is on the brink of going bust. The grand start in Berlin fizzled out (abysmal load factors) and they have moved on with the same concept to other airports, probably to skim some startup subsidy. They just took another sip of cash to sustain the 'start up' phase from the stock market (14.2 million €). The only thing sustaining them is the super low pay by hour lease rates they secured from leasing companies that were looking to place Norwegians fleet in the pandemic.

This summer is going to be their make or break season.
prgboy and Ursa81 like this.
Old Apr 28, 2023, 3:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Ah, pity. We really need the competition on that North Atlantic stretch.
It also brought a new lease of life to little airports like Stewart (SWF) near New York.
Hopefully they can squeeze by.
Old Jul 20, 2023, 3:25 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Oslo JFK on sale for 110€ each way.
Old Aug 1, 2023, 1:51 am

Had reserved flights from IAD to LGW on December, but it turns out they cancelled all of them from November and thereafter.
They rebooked me from JFK, which is at least 4.5 hours away from IAD by car, and gave me the option to cancel and refund within 14 days.
Of course I will cancel.
But I don't think this is a good practice, i.e. changing the airport of origin to a completely different airport and giving you 14 days to ask for a cancellation.
They should have cancelled and refunded automatically.
Old Aug 1, 2023, 7:11 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Panos17
Had reserved flights from IAD to LGW on December, but it turns out they cancelled all of them from November and thereafter.
They rebooked me from JFK, which is at least 4.5 hours away from IAD by car, and gave me the option to cancel and refund within 14 days.
Of course I will cancel.
But I don't think this is a good practice, i.e. changing the airport of origin to a completely different airport and giving you 14 days to ask for a cancellation.
They should have cancelled and refunded automatically.
and others would have wanted to go to LGW and say why didn’t carrier give them an option of flying from JFK or refund.

You can still get a refund after 14 days. Credit card and US DoT would make sure of that.
jjbiv likes this.
Old Aug 11, 2023, 5:02 am

Programs: BA, Turkish Airlines
Want to know if there any updates. I found a frankly unbelievable price crossing the Atlantic and notice on the booking page for Norse Atlantic it says subject to government approval. Any thoughts?
Old Aug 11, 2023, 5:20 am

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Silver, Starbucks Gold
Ditto - there is a LGW-BGI return in the Easter hols next year for £330 (or about £750 in premium) - these are frankly insane fares, even without seats, luggage and food added. I'd almost be tempted - well with the premium fare anyway - but not if there's an appreciable chance they will be going bust before then.

Am I right in thinking they are still operating transatantic from LGW under fifth freedom rules, so they have to tie flights back to Oslo? Hence the 'government approval' disclaimer...
wanderingpixie likes this.
Old Aug 11, 2023, 5:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by ratechaser
Am I right in thinking they are still operating transatantic from LGW under fifth freedom rules, so they have to tie flights back to Oslo?
No, they now have a UK company and operating UK flights under a UK license with UK registered aircraft: https://find-and-update.company-info...mpany/13384302
ratechaser likes this.
Old Aug 11, 2023, 6:17 am

Programs: BA, Turkish Airlines
Be that as it may be, I would be very open to hearing RECENT experiences. I am not brave enough to book Easter next year ratechaser but the one I'm looking at is late Nov/early Dec.

Last edited by wanderingpixie; Aug 11, 2023 at 6:18 am Reason: tag

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.