Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other European Airlines
Reload this Page >

Anyone know anything about the proposed new carrier "Norse Atlantic?"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Anyone know anything about the proposed new carrier "Norse Atlantic?"

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2022, 9:27 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Norwegian is the reason we got basic/light fares from the EU3/US3 across the atlantic. Norwegian failed, but the bare bones service stayed. Such ventures only accelerate the race to to bottom.
moondog, PresRDC, brewster and 3 others like this.
Old Jun 21, 2022, 7:59 pm

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Norwegian is the reason we got basic/light fares from the EU3/US3 across the atlantic. Norwegian failed, but the bare bones service stayed. Such ventures only accelerate the race to to bottom.
Norwegian expanded too quickly. You also have the IB-offshoot LEVEL which is still around and doing great.
Tiramisu and James91 like this.
Old Jun 23, 2022, 9:49 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Plat, M&M FTL, BA Blue, QR Gold
Originally Posted by Palal
Norwegian expanded too quickly. You also have the IB-offshoot LEVEL which is still around and doing great.
Until the fuel hedge runs out...
brewster likes this.
Old Jul 4, 2022, 10:09 pm

Programs: AA/UA/DL
Heads up!! If you are taking Norse.....

Just to let you know that you "must" get a paper boarding pass from the checkin counter to avoid problem and issues when taking Norse.
Our priority boarding became priority delay due to we used mobile boarding passes...
A full travel report will be posted in a few days.

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Jul 5, 2022 at 3:01 am Reason: Removed vlog link
Old Jul 9, 2022, 12:33 am

Any update pigx5 ? Wife and I fly out Monday on Norse, curious if there's anything else we should watch for.
bukzin likes this.
Old Jul 19, 2022, 7:25 pm

Norse Orlando to Oslo question - why only booking thru Oct, 2022?

We're hoping to fly Norse in May of 2023 and it seemed like they were booking about 5 or 6 months out, so we were expecting to buy the tickets in Nov/Dec. But as we've been studying the flights we're noticing that most of the Norse Oslo flights can be booked thru March 2023 (Ft Laud, LA, JFK)...except for Orlando. They're only booking MCO to OSL through October of this year, which is a bit worrisome. Any thoughts on why that might be? Is Orlando being tested for amount of use? Maybe no one knows this but the Norse execs, but was hoping someone might have an idea. Either way we'll wait and see.
Old Jul 20, 2022, 6:36 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles (silver), Lounge Key
I would say that EVERYTHING is now being tested. They hardly began the operations, so perhaps they do not want to commit now to flying on a line that will prove not worth it.
trooper likes this.
Old Jul 21, 2022, 7:25 am

Here's a quick trip report of our experience flying norse MCO->OSL->MCO last week:
  • No support for pre-check, clear was a life-saver for MCO check-in
  • Also, yeah, the electronic boarding pass didn't work, so having paper backups (or just making sure to screenshot the "printable" version with the 2d barcode and not the QR code is still required
  • They were not rigorous about checking carry-on sizes and weights. I'm sure they'll get there eventually and while we did pre-pay for one carry on on the flight there and two on the return, they didn't so much as glance at them on either end of the trip. YMMV.
  • If you don't speak up you won't get _any_ water, it's totally up to you if you haven't pre-paid. This was fine, I brought a bottle I'd filled up in the airport and on the return leg where I wasn't trying to sleep I actually got up and refilled it myself
  • Crew was very friendly, there was obviously some hiccups as some of them were still figuring out the routine but it was a pleasant flight
  • Immigration/Customs on entry had a long line but it moved fairly quickly. We were on the back of the plane and the non-EU passport line was pretty long but moved fast enough such that it was maybe a 15-20m wait max.
  • OSL passport control was out of control on our return flight. The big board advertised 10m from post security to our gate through passport control so we went to a lounge to hang out as we were through security 2hrs before our flight. We should NOT have done this as when we started walking toward the gate ~1hr before the takeoff time, we got stuck in a massive line for passport control that took ~35-45m to get through. Just for US passports and the staff said it's not normal but that they had three international flights all around the same time. We ran all the way to our gate once we made it through and made it with about 5-10m to spare before doors closed but it was suuuper nerve wracking.
  • The smart glass windows were pretty neat actually. It was nice to be able to have some visibility without blinding fellow passengers
  • They turned the cabin lights off on the return leg which I thought was odd for a flight that left at 11:50am local and landed ~3pm local.
  • Food prices and selections were actually pretty decent (especially after spending a week in Norway) so my wife ended up purchasing a sandwich on the return leg though we had brought enough snacks and food I didn't get anything (fun fact, you can ask for hot water so bringing a cup o noodle is a great option for going cheap!)
bukzin likes this.

Last edited by psifertex; Jul 28, 2022 at 7:00 am
Old Jul 27, 2022, 6:19 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanuim/Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Gold, United Silver
Has anyone taken a flight into Oslo recently and how was the immigration line?
Old Jul 28, 2022, 7:04 am

I updated my trip report above to include a summary of customs entry. Short summary, not bad.
Old Aug 1, 2022, 2:21 pm
Suspended

Location: The part of NC where we have electricity, paved roads, and high school diplomas.
Programs: AA Platinum
Looks like they've learned from their Norwegian Airlines scheduling mistakes and now pad their turnaround and flight schedules a lot more. Even when flights leave over an hour late, they arrive on time.
No more scheduled 60-minute turnarounds at JFK.

Last edited by WindowSeatFlyer; Aug 5, 2022 at 8:11 am
Old Aug 5, 2022, 1:12 am

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
I've just noticed in MMB that the departure time of my flight has changed by 90 mins. No email from Norse to tell me about it, so keep an eye on your bookings!
bukzin and ExplorerWannabe like this.
Old Aug 11, 2022, 9:01 am

Originally Posted by chistery
I've just noticed in MMB that the departure time of my flight has changed by 90 mins. No email from Norse to tell me about it, so keep an eye on your bookings!

Which app or service gave you the heads up? Thx
Old Aug 12, 2022, 1:52 am

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by bukzin
Which app or service gave you the heads up? Thx
The Your Trips link on the web site. However this week I have had quite a few texts and emails from Norse about my flight on Saturday saying times have changed, so better late than never I guess.
Old Aug 17, 2022, 3:27 pm

Norse launched its latest route today opening Berlin to New York JFK daily service.

Three weekly BER-LAX to launch Friday this week as well.

Dec 7th Norse will launch 3 x weekly BER-FLL flights.

Berlin getting some much needed long haul love, something Lufthansa is not focusing on. Will be interesting to see how Norse gets on in the Berlin market.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.