Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other European Airlines
Reload this Page >

Does Iceland air have a saga lounge in SEA?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2019, 5:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA plat, Hertz, gold , Bonvoy gold,IHGplat

I will be flying LAX to SEA then flying Saga class Iceland Air to KEF. I will have about a 3 hour lay-over and will be checking bags in LA and expect I will be able to check them through even though bought as 2 separate tickets. What lounge is available to me.? Thanks
Old Oct 25, 2019, 6:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Which airline are you flying LAX to SEA on? What’s your plan if that’s late and you miss the flight to KEF?

Best not assume bags will be checked through when separate tickets are involved. again what’s your plan if bags aren’t checked through?

As to lounge I would check their website.
Old Oct 25, 2019, 7:14 pm

Programs: AY Silver, BA Silver, FI Saga hopeful
Bags will not be checked through. US airlines in general refuse to check bags through for international flights which are ticketed separately. I can also confirm from first hand experience that even JetBlue as Icelandair's partner, refused to check bags through for ATL-(BOS)-KEF.
..and for the lounge question, Icelandair uses The Club in Seattle.
-
DJ
Old Oct 25, 2019, 11:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA plat, Hertz, gold , Bonvoy gold,IHGplat
I am flying Alaska LAX to SEA. My first flight arrives 3 hours before the flight to Iceland. Do you not believe I can check my bags through?
Old Oct 26, 2019, 4:12 pm

Programs: AY Plat Lumo+LTG, FI Gold, DL Silver, BA, SK, AX Plat, Priority Pass, Marriott Ambassador & others
Originally Posted by docjones
Bags will not be checked through. US airlines in general refuse to check bags through for international flights which are ticketed separately. I can also confirm from first hand experience that even JetBlue as Icelandair's partner, refused to check bags through for ATL-(BOS)-KEF.
..and for the lounge question, Icelandair uses The Club in Seattle.
-
DJ
Just visited the Club yesterday. Hot food offering was mac&cheese
Old Oct 26, 2019, 4:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

It will be Alaska's baggage policies that will deterimine if the bags can be checked through on separate PNR's

Per this thread on the Alaska forum;

Checked Baggage Changes - No Interlining on Separate Tickets or Split PNRs

It does not look likely about baggage.

Re Lounge: details are here

https://www.icelandair.com/en-gb/sup...le-tacoma-sea/

Looks like Club international.

Regards

TBS
Old Oct 26, 2019, 5:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi,

It will be Alaska's baggage policies that will deterimine if the bags can be checked through on separate PNR's

Per this thread on the Alaska forum;

Checked Baggage Changes - No Interlining on Separate Tickets or Split PNRs

It does not look likely about baggage.
Reading some of the recent messages in that old thread, people have been able to interline in recent months. That matches my person experience with AS and DE. As the OP was told in a similar thread about the same trip in the AS forum, it will likely depend on the agent they encounter at LAX.

AS/FI Seatac Connection Question
Old Nov 16, 2019, 11:27 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo+LTG, FI Gold, DL Silver, BA, SK, AX Plat, Priority Pass, Marriott Ambassador & others
Originally Posted by Trav1970
Just visited the Club yesterday. Hot food offering was mac&cheese
And mac&cheese again yesterday. Too bad the Amex Centurion lounge closes already at 10pm.
Old Nov 19, 2019, 2:03 pm

Lounge: "The Club", it is, well, not good.

Interlining your bags: Most likely not if the segments are on different PNRs and there is no interlining agreement. Check and see if FI and your other airline have an Interlining Agreement and present that information when you check in at LAX.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.