Wiki Posts
Search

AS/FI Seatac Connection Question

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2019, 5:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA plat, Hertz, gold , Bonvoy gold,IHGplat
AS/FI Seatac Connection Question

In Dec I will be flying LAX to SEA on Alaska, arriving around 10 AM . I will then be connecting to a flight on a separately purchased ticket flying several hours later SEA to KEF on Iceland Air. I will be flying sage class. My intention is to check my luggage in LAX. I am of the opinion that because both flights are on tickets purchased separately that I will not be able to check my luggage through to KEF at LAX. Assuming that is true, what sort of time issue am I facing in retrieving my luggage from the Alaska LAX-SEA flight and then getting to check-in for Iceland Air. I have not been in SeaTac for some time so I am unfamiliar with the lay out. I will expect to be visiting the Saga lounge. I also have priority lounge access and would appreciate any suggestions lounge wise as well. Thank you.
Old Oct 23, 2019, 6:10 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Srklaw7
In Dec I will be flying LAX to SEA on Alaska, arriving around 10 AM . I will then be connecting to a flight on a separately purchased ticket flying several hours later SEA to KEF on Iceland Air. I will be flying sage class. My intention is to check my luggage in LAX. I am of the opinion that because both flights are on tickets purchased separately that I will not be able to check my luggage through to KEF at LAX. Assuming that is true, what sort of time issue am I facing in retrieving my luggage from the Alaska LAX-SEA flight and then getting to check-in for Iceland Air. I have not been in SeaTac for some time so I am unfamiliar with the lay out. I will expect to be visiting the Saga lounge. I also have priority lounge access and would appreciate any suggestions lounge wise as well. Thank you.
AS has an interline agreement with FI for baggage. Even on seperate PNRs, the Agent in LAX can check your baggage through to your FI flight to KEF.

When agents aren't up on the process, they may tell you it can't be done. Be polite & persistent.

James
Old Oct 23, 2019, 6:21 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Following onto what James said

When making international connections on a separate ticket to other airlines within twelve (12) hours of arriving in the connection city, you may follow the baggage allowance and weight restrictions of the international airline - provided a ticketing and baggage agreement is in place between Alaska Airlines and the other carrier.
https://www.alaskaair.com/content/tr...e/checked-bags
Flying for Fun likes this.
Old Oct 23, 2019, 7:00 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by rustykettel
Awesome, I wasn't aware of that myself. Thanks.

James
Old Oct 23, 2019, 7:14 pm
Original Poster

Fantastic....thank you !.. I am suspecting that Alaska and Iceland Air have such an agreement. If you are correct and they do have an agreement than I can check my luggage in LAX as I am Saga on Icelandair with 2 bags included.
Old Oct 23, 2019, 7:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
II will expect to be visiting the Saga lounge. I also have priority lounge access and would appreciate any suggestions lounge wise as well.
FI doesn't have their own lounge at SEA. The PP lounge at SEA and the Fi contract lounge at SEA for the S gates are the same lounge: the Club at SEA. Very, very "meh". PP gives you access to a Club at SEA lounge by the A gates, which is also very "meh". Frankly unless it's the AMEX Centurion lounge at SEA and maybe the DL lounge or the new AS one at N (none of which you have access to, unless you have AMEX access or your AS ticket is in paid or award F), all the SEA lounges are all "meh". Fine to get out of the terminal, some snacks and beer and wine, nothing particularly great- I find the S lounge for the Club at SEA to be pretty crowded since that is where ALL the passengers with lounge access go for (deep breath): BR/JL/OZ/NH/FI/EK/LH/HU...
Flying for Fun likes this.
Old Oct 23, 2019, 8:15 pm
Original Poster

I am Amex Plat. Which of the lounges will be most contiguous to the FI gate?
Old Oct 23, 2019, 8:45 pm

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
I am Amex Plat. Which of the lounges will be most contiguous to the FI gate?
The Club at SEA, in the S terminal. Otherwise Centurion is right next to the first gate (and McDonalds) down the B concourse, where you'll have to go catch a train to the S terminal.
be_rettSEA likes this.
Old Oct 23, 2019, 9:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by safari ari
The Club at SEA, in the S terminal. Otherwise Centurion is right next to the first gate (and McDonalds) down the B concourse, where you'll have to go catch a train to the S terminal.
I'd go to AMEX CL *hands down*

Went to the "S" The Club at SEA; it was extremely depressing... they used to have "snacks" that you could take... those are even gone

I wouldn't bother going in even.

If on a connection, you can get into the AMEX CL beyond the "3 hour rule"
be_rettSEA likes this.
Old Oct 23, 2019, 10:05 pm
Original Poster

where is that located relative to my departure gate at FI?
Old Oct 23, 2019, 10:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Not incredibly close (as mentioned, in a different concourse) but there’s a tram.
Old Oct 24, 2019, 1:03 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Plat 1MM, AS MVP, Hyatt Discoverist, Avis Presidents Club, Hertz President's Circle
It is not super close but that really shouldn't matter; you have enough time to get to the lounge, spend a long time there, and then travel to your gate (at most 10 minutes with the train).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.