Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other European Airlines
Reload this Page >

Norwegian using A330-300 aircraft from Evelop Airlines (DUB-SWF)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Norwegian using A330-300 aircraft from Evelop Airlines (DUB-SWF)

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2019, 3:11 pm

I flew it this week. A330-300. No matching seatmap on the evelop site.

Ex SQ plane. 2-4-2 seating in coach, 2-2-2 in premium. IFE wasn't working in premium. My premium seat was stuck in an uneven partial recline and I had to be reseated in coach for landing. IFE did work in coach.
Old May 20, 2019, 10:19 pm

Good seats?

Originally Posted by ratchtjaw

Ex SQ plane. 2-4-2 seating in coach, 2-2-2 in premium. IFE wasn't working in premium. My premium seat was stuck in an uneven partial recline and I had to be reseated in coach for landing. IFE did work in coach.
thanks for the note! Taking this plane from JFK to LGW. Have upgraded. Can you tell us how the seats we’re - were they lay flat? Also, how was the quality of plane and crew? Thanks!
Old May 24, 2019, 1:26 am

Programs: Amtrak Select Plus, Marriott Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond
Is this one used on the daytime flight from JFK to LGW? I'd also be very interested in the seating (premium) and service.
Old May 25, 2019, 3:36 pm

Programs: UA GS, AS MVP 100K, DL Diamond, Marriot Lifetime Titanium, AmEx Centurion
I've seen the plane a few times at JFK the last two weeks, and confirm it's the ex-SQ A330 with angle-flat seats. Seat itself is a huge upgrade from the 2-3-2 Norwegian 787s, however, I've seen several comments that there is no working IFE on it.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 11:34 am

JFK to LGW

Originally Posted by ratchtjaw

I’m on the Eveloped JFK to LGW flight next week. My seat is 63G. I booked it on Norwegian before getting the Evelop switch email. It still shows up on my booking, but I wonder if it still exists after the switch. The only seating maps I’ve seen do not go to that high of a row. The seat is supposed to be in the last row and it looks like it has empty space on each side of it. Anyone have any information or thoughts? I’m worried it doesn’t exist and I’ll get stuck where they put me. Thanks.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 9:09 am

I'm on the JFK-LGW 11:25 evelop A330 in the Premium cabin right now. It's a 2-2-2 layout with reclining seats. First row is 11, I'm in row 12. I am unable to post photos due to low post count.
​​​​​
​​​​
Old Jun 6, 2019, 10:25 am

Programs: UA GS, AS MVP 100K, DL Diamond, Marriot Lifetime Titanium, AmEx Centurion
Originally Posted by robricc
I'm on the JFK-LGW 11:25 evelop A330 in the Premium cabin right now. It's a 2-2-2 layout with reclining seats. First row is 11, I'm in row 12. I am unable to post photos due to low post count.​​​​​​
Sounds like you got the ex-SQ A330 that they've been using regularly on the route. Does the IFE work?
Old Jun 6, 2019, 5:26 pm

Yes, IFE did work but the program selection didn't seem great. Overall, a very nice flight. The evelop seats are probably nicer than Norwegian's 787 Premium seats, but we'll find out on the way back.

Catering was typical Norwegian.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 6:02 pm

Yes, IFE did work but the program selection didn't seem great. Overall, a very nice flight. The evelop seats are probably nicer than Norwegian's 787 Premium seats, but we'll find out on the way back.

Catering was typical Norwegian.
I suspect much nicer since there are no middle seats (2-3-2 vs 2-2-2 on Evelop!) - was the crew Norwegian or Evelop! If the latter, how was their English?
Old Jun 7, 2019, 2:48 am

Programs: AS G75K, UA Silver
Flew SWF-DUB on Evelop this week. It was one of their A330-300's without seat-back entertainment. Still 2-4-2 in an all-economy configuration, but only overhead monitors available. No Wi-Fi available. Evelop crews for safety, and two Norwegian crew for selling things.

Overall a totally 'meh' flight, and OLCI is not available, so you have to go through the (rigorous) weighing of carry-ons in person.

Edit: attaching a photo during the boarding process from the rear of the aircraft.
Attached Images  

Last edited by pushmyredbutton; Jun 7, 2019 at 3:46 am Reason: Attaching a photo
Old Jun 8, 2019, 1:33 am

The JFK-LGW crew was mostly evelop. Their English was perfectly fine. During the flight, I did see one Norwegian attendant come in to the forward galley to get something and then go back. The whole rest of the time, Premium only saw evelop attendants.
Old Jun 8, 2019, 7:09 am

The JFK-LGW crew was mostly evelop. Their English was perfectly fine. During the flight, I did see one Norwegian attendant come in to the forward galley to get something and then go back. The whole rest of the time, Premium only saw evelop attendants.
Wonderful - thanks! Looking more forward to my flight in two weeks now!
Old Jun 18, 2019, 6:25 am

Programs: Delta Plat
Norwegian Evelop! A330 - JFK

Has anybody flown the Evelop! A330 operated on JFK-LGW for Norwegian in Premium?
Booked in a couple weeks and want to know what to expect.
I know it still has the Singapore Airlines seat map/rows. But is the premium cabins any nice?
Reports/pic much appreciated
Old Jun 19, 2019, 9:40 am

Hi all

Thanks for your great feedback so far. I'm still a little curious and could do with some pointers......

I'm flying DUB-SWF in the next few weeks and currently booked in seat 33A which is an exit row. Although yes I know there is ample leg room, I'm just a little concerned about the width of these seats as they are restricted because the tray table is in the arm rests.
Is this seat the best for a "wider" gentleman such as myself. Is there any other seats that you would recommend either in an exit row or any other seats on the plane? I've not heard good reviews of Evelop's comfort so a little concerned. I see on Norwegians website that there are still a huge amount of seats for sale and not too many taken up so is it worth booking a seat in a different row and taking a chance that there might not be anybody seated next to me?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Paul
Old Jun 22, 2019, 2:34 pm

Programs: DL PM
I'll add my experience to this thread as I flew SWF-DUB a few days ago.

SWF is a great airport to fly out of, it's tiny and a great alternative if you drive from Westchester. Note that the only food options landside are a Quizno's Subs store and a Hudson News (or similar) that sells some overpriced snacks. OLCI is not available for these flights. According to Norwegian, Check-in closes 60 minutes before departure, however I heard an announcement in the terminal about 45 minutes before departure that they're "about to close the check-in counters". DO NOT attempt to check in 45 minutes before departure just because I wrote this. Check-in was friendly but they're very strict about luggage size and weight, as others have reported above. Our bag was 20,2kg which was ok, but the group at the other counter had to pay lots of bag fees and the agent wouldn't back down a cent. The security line was quick, but there is no PreCheck. Boarding started on time, I was kind of shocked to find old 90s style seats with no IFE and no power, after reading about the IFE screens in this thread. Turns out Evelop have one A333 with a better cabin (EC-MII) and 14 year old EC-LXA which I got. The seats themselves, however, were surprisingly comfy, and the 2-4-2 config is better than the 3-3 on the 737. When everybody was boarded they made an announcement that everyone had to disembark again because of maintenance work. So we all got back into the terminal and waited for a while. The gate agent made frequent announcements with updates. According to him, they had installed a new fuel valve and had to power down the aircraft and then restart it, during which there is no light and a/c, so that's why they got everybody off. We took off with more than 3 hours delay, and I was really hoping for a 3+ hours arrival because of the compensation of €600. The flight was uneventful. I didn't buy anything from the on board sale, slept for a few hours and watched the moving map on the overhead screens. We landed just a few minutes before reaching the 3 hours necessary for the €600 compensation, the plane came to a stop at 2:59 and 30 seconds after the scheduled arrival time. The boarding door didn't open until 1 or 2 minutes later, but I have no way of proving this, so I guess I missed the winning lottery ticket by a few seconds.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.