Search

Icelandair Max Situation

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2019, 6:52 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Virginia Emery
And here comes Privilege Style 757 EC-HDS with this seat map

Hope they don't send this to YYZ
Oh for crying out loud! First I'm screwed by MAX and get an extra connection in BOS and lose my full day in Iceland on my return (free stopover). Now this thing has been flying the FI470 LGW return route daily that I'm on in two weeks. Maybe they'll shift it by then. My reservation still shows Icelandair 757-200
Old May 22, 2019, 10:52 am

Programs: UA:1K MM, AF:FB-Platinum; QR: PC Platinum, FI: Saga Gold
Originally Posted by bradleykhofmann
Oh for crying out loud! First I'm screwed by MAX and get an extra connection in BOS and lose my full day in Iceland on my return (free stopover). Now this thing has been flying the FI470 LGW return route daily that I'm on in two weeks. Maybe they'll shift it by then. My reservation still shows Icelandair 757-200
Count your blessings. They’re using propeller planes to Manchester and Bergen !

https://www.visir.is/g/2019190529632...til-manchester
Old May 24, 2019, 6:54 am
Original Poster

I just thought of something. It looks like this Privilege Air wet-lease is on a set rotation KEF-LGW-KEF-CPH-KEF daily now. I am on the KEF-LGW (FI 470) in a few days. Icelandair has not notified me of a change in operator (wet-lease is everything provided by another company). Is there any rule that they need to notify of this change? I know it will get me there just fine but its just the principle of it. 4 out of my 6 Icelandair segments are now NOT Icelandair. They didn't notify me of the CLE route cancellation. I found that out on my own, waited a bit, then called and had them re-book me (extra BOS connection is a pain and lost my 24 hour stop in KEF).
Old May 24, 2019, 7:27 am

Originally Posted by bradleykhofmann
I just thought of something. It looks like this Privilege Air wet-lease is on a set rotation KEF-LGW-KEF-CPH-KEF daily now. I am on the KEF-LGW (FI 470) in a few days. Icelandair has not notified me of a change in operator (wet-lease is everything provided by another company). Is there any rule that they need to notify of this change? I know it will get me there just fine but its just the principle of it. 4 out of my 6 Icelandair segments are now NOT Icelandair. They didn't notify me of the CLE route cancellation. I found that out on my own, waited a bit, then called and had them re-book me (extra BOS connection is a pain and lost my 24 hour stop in KEF).
Airlines do not have to notify you of such a change. A lot of the rules governing airlines were written in another era.
Old May 24, 2019, 8:31 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Braniff

Airlines do not have to notify you of such a change. A lot of the rules governing airlines were written in another era.
Ok, I know they don't for aircraft changes but thought they would have to for Operator changes. I'm sticking through all this because it was only $330 rt and when there is 4 of us, it's hard to find a deal like that elsewhere.
Old May 24, 2019, 8:42 am

CS-TKS
Old May 24, 2019, 9:08 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Titan
I flew on the Euro Atlantic “ghost” plane this week. In the back it was no worse than any other. The flight crew were actually pretty good and 2 thumbs up for the IFE music selections.
Old May 24, 2019, 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by jbjelloid
I flew on the Euro Atlantic “ghost” plane this week. In the back it was no worse than any other. The flight crew were actually pretty good and 2 thumbs up for the IFE music selections.
“No worse” = 8 seats across vs. 7 seats across. How can that be ? Glad you enjoyed your flight regardless.
Old May 24, 2019, 10:41 pm

Originally Posted by jbjelloid
I'm flying Saga on one of these next month. Did you happen to notice the layout up front? I believe it is a 1-2-1 with some of the "1" seats being more private (staggered towards window). Trying to decide between 1A and 2A.

Also, was it Icelandair employees servicing the flight? Or Euro Atlantic?
Old May 25, 2019, 7:48 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Titan
I didn’t get a look at the front. We boarded from the rear, via bus. I assumed that the flight attendant that served me was Icelandic, but could have been from another Nordic country, for all I know. Someone was definitely making announcements in Icelandic. Default instructions on the IFE were in Portuguese but I didn’t hear anyone speaking Portuguese on board.
I found the 2-4-2 configuration at least as comfortable (uncomfortable?) as the 3-3 configuration that we flew in on. Agree that they are both awful though.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 2:49 am

Programs: FB LTPE, hhonors diamond, hertz 5*, Thalysthecard Platinium, A-club Silver, IHG Platinum
I flew this euro @#$% 767-300 plane from KEF to AMS yesterday. AVOID THESE AT ALL COST!!!! Y is super cramped, both directions. 8 across is just not possible. The seats are so cramped that the recline button is underneath the seat, instead of in the armrest, or even a normal person would not be able to get in/out of these seats. Reaching that button requires advanced acrobatics, just for a 1" recline.. Even the low cost carriers to sun have more space than these planes.

C looks nice enough though, better than the icelandair C in a 757 which we used on the first leg IAD-KEF through a saga-up bid.

Flight is flown by Euro Atlantic pilots and the FA's are a mix of Euro Atlantic and Icelandair.
Old Jun 14, 2019, 9:06 am

I agree - Avoid this aircraft at any cost unless you are in Saga Class. We flew row 25GH on the overnight - it had extra leg room because they removed row 26 but the seat is so narrow and hard that it did not matter. You cannot help but get jostled by the person sitting next to you. If you drop something, it is impossible to pick it up.

First and last Icelandic Air for me. Loved Iceland but luckily will probably not go back. Miserable experience. Our return flight was delayed by 3 hours.

Iceland Air does send an email telling you that they have changed the planes. The other thing that happens is that they will put you in the same seat numbers that you were in so you may not have an aisle and a window for example as the number of seats across varies from plane to plane.

Good luck
Old Jun 14, 2019, 4:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by Aquidneck
I agree - Avoid this aircraft at any cost unless you are in Saga Class. We flew row 25GH on the overnight - it had extra leg room because they removed row 26 but the seat is so narrow and hard that it did not matter. You cannot help but get jostled by the person sitting next to you. If you drop something, it is impossible to pick it up.

First and last Icelandic Air for me. Loved Iceland but luckily will probably not go back. Miserable experience. Our return flight was delayed by 3 hours.

Iceland Air does send an email telling you that they have changed the planes. The other thing that happens is that they will put you in the same seat numbers that you were in so you may not have an aisle and a window for example as the number of seats across varies from plane to plane.

Good luck
Currently in 8GH on this beast. Wondering if it has extra leg room of any sorts, or should we switch to 25GH?
Old Jun 14, 2019, 6:56 pm

Sorry, I did not really get a chance to look at 8GH. I remember that I was concerned about noise from the galley in the front of the main cabin for the extra space seats. 24 GH also had extra room and it was a bit further from the bathroom. The bathroom did not disturb me although I did wear earplugs. Remember to locate the lever that allows the seat to recline. It is in under the seat in the front.
Old Jun 16, 2019, 7:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by Aquidneck
Sorry, I did not really get a chance to look at 8GH. I remember that I was concerned about noise from the galley in the front of the main cabin for the extra space seats. 24 GH also had extra room and it was a bit further from the bathroom. The bathroom did not disturb me although I did wear earplugs. Remember to locate the lever that allows the seat to recline. It is in under the seat in the front.
ugh. USD65pp for row 24/25.... They charge USD45pp for row 28 - exit row.
I ll keep the row 8 free seats, hopefully will manage to sleep a little in the 5 hour flight...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.