Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > easyJet | easyJet Plus
Reload this Page >

U2 booking cancel with no reason left stranded

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2017, 1:22 am
Original Poster

hi im a brand new member and found this forum as to the way iv been treated by uk easy jet
OK on the 28 September i went on line to easy jets web site
and book a flight from Barcelona Spain back to London Garrick to travel on the 30th sep
i got an email from them confirming payment by my debit card
a booking reference and confirmation for 3 adults and 2 children
i tried to print off the boarding passes with the link easy jet sent with there confirmation email
but no matter how hard i tried i could not find how to get boarding passes
but in the help section on there link
it says as long as your at the air port 2 hours before the flight they could be collected at the help desk
after arriving at the help desk 3 ours before my flight
i was told that my booking had been cancelled when i asked why they could not help me
no one from easyjet had emailed me or made any contact with me to let me no the situation
i paid for the 5 seat 409 euros
they said the flight was still on time and there were spare seats
so i said fine as having 2 young children in our party i did not have any more options @ such short notice
they told me the flights would now be 688 euros and it had to be paid in CASH NO DEBIT OR CREDIT CARDS
i said they already had 409 euro of mine which i paid first off all
they said that would be credited back to my account with in five day.
as luck would have it i had the cash on me to go on the same plane i booked 4 days earlier.
i think its outrageous an air line can do this to you when they have taken your money sent you a booking reference and flight number
then cancel the booking with out telling you and leaving me stranded with 2 children
Old Oct 2, 2017, 1:30 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by Figarocars
i got an email from them confirming payment by my debit card
a booking reference and confirmation for 3 adults and 2 children
Have you checked your bank account to confirm they did actually withdraw the funds? If they cancelled the ticket, the first thing that would come to mind for me is that there is some type of problem with the payment method and the payment, for some reason, had been declined.

Other than a confirmation number, were you provided with a ticket number? In the U.S. it's important to have that ticket number as a confirmation number alone is not sufficient to fly, and I would think it would be the same in Europe.

If you can't resolve this with Ryanair after the fact, your next route would be to deal with a regulatory body there that handles airline disputes.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 3:55 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
I would check that the money was actually withdrawn from your account. Did you receive a booking confirmation and e-ticket receipt? Did you save this email or take a screenshot? I find the cash-only comment very strange. Airlines don't like to take cash because it complicates refunds and creates identity issues. I suggest to get in touch with EasyJet again in the UK.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 5:42 am

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Originally Posted by LondonElite
I would check that the money was actually withdrawn from your account. Did you receive a booking confirmation and e-ticket receipt? Did you save this email or take a screenshot? I find the cash-only comment very strange. Airlines don't like to take cash because it complicates refunds and creates identity issues. I suggest to get in touch with EasyJet again in the UK.
According to EasyJet's payment information policy page, cash is not accepted:

https://www.easyjet.com/en/policy/payment-options

Payment for bookings can be made using a wide selection of debit or credit cards (please see the payment stage of the booking process for cards accepted). We do not accept payment by cash or cheques.
Yet another page states that cash can be accepted for in-airport sales, but it doesn't say that such payments must be in cash which would indeed be odd as you noted.

http://www.easyjet.com/en/help/booking/fees-charges

Cash payments can be made at all easyJet sales desks located at the airport
Old Oct 2, 2017, 6:46 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Presuming that you can confirm that the payment was taken from your bank account and that you had e-tickets issued and you have reviewed all incoming emails from U2, I would contact U2 when you get home.

Print out copies of the relevant documents above so that you have them in front of you.

It looks as though you may have typed this on a phone and in a hurry. I would pull all of this together in plain and simple declarative sentences so that it can be easily followed.
Old Oct 5, 2017, 1:04 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Welcome to Flyertalk @Figarocars.

Please follow the redirect as we move your query.

~beckoa, co-moderator Information Desk
Old Oct 5, 2017, 10:17 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
hi im a brand new member and found this forum as to the way iv been treated by uk easy jet
Will you be returning to answer some of the questions that have been raised?
Old Oct 5, 2017, 11:19 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Welcome to Flyertalk Figarocars, I'm sorry to hear about your experiences, but if you want some help to sort it out then this is the right place to get advice.

I have to say that the circumstances of this case seem unusual, in that simply does not compute to the way I have seen easyJet operate on a number of levels. One key aspect relates to the boarding pass, and the evidence seems to suggest that somehow the financial transaction got pulled back by your bank and easyJet cancelled the booking. One good way to get boarding passes from easyJet is to install their app, it's reliable and it also gives a good view into your booking too.

If you definitely did pay, and the bank paid the funds to easyJet by the time of departure, then by all means revert back here and we can take you through the steps relating to EC261 and Involuntary Denied Boarding.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 5:35 am

Originally Posted by Often1
Presuming that you can confirm that the payment was taken from your bank account and that you had e-tickets issued and you have reviewed all incoming emails from U2, I would contact U2 when you get home.
Does U2 issue e-tickets? Some European LCC (e.g.: FR, EW) do not.

This said, I believe there must be more to this story. No one will be able to help the OP unless he answers the questions asked in the previous posts.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 12:55 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by mmff
Does U2 issue e-tickets? Some European LCC (e.g.: FR, EW) do not.
easyJet is ticketless in the legacy airline sense, but does issue a booking confirmation email giving fare and payment details. On request they will also give a payment confirmation receipt with a breakdown of charging, but that doesn't have a ticket number on it. On successful booking the lead passenger should receive a "booking reference" email, with the locator, a summary of the payment, flight details and some instructions on what to do next (e.g. API).
Old Oct 7, 2017, 3:02 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Often1

Print out copies of the relevant documents above so that you have them in front of you.

It looks as though you may have typed this on a phone and in a hurry. I would pull all of this together in plain and simple declarative sentences so that it can be easily followed.
after checking my bank when i got back to the uk it seems they did not take money from my account

most times when i pay bills on line it takes a day or two to show on my statement

and as they had emailed me thanking me for the payment and giving me a ref number and the flight details you would assume the payment had gone through.
and if not
send me another email saying it had been cancelled

not wait 2 hour before i get to the airport to travel
also what they should have done when buying the new tickets to get home on is honoured the first booking 409 euros not charge me 688.euros for the same seats
Old Oct 7, 2017, 6:26 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
after checking my bank when i got back to the uk it seems they did not take money from my account

most times when i pay bills on line it takes a day or two to show on my statement

and as they had emailed me thanking me for the payment and giving me a ref number and the flight details you would assume the payment had gone through.
and if not
send me another email saying it had been cancelled

not wait 2 hour before i get to the airport to travel
also what they should have done when buying the new tickets to get home on is honoured the first booking 409 euros not charge me 688.euros for the same seats
Perhaps lousy customer service, but no e-ticket (which is evidenced on U2 by a booking reference) and no funds withdrawn, means that you did not pay and perhaps a more customer service-oriented carrier would have accepted the EUR 409 fare.

But, U2 did not and many carriers would not do so either. Methinks that your are stuck. The lesson, if any, is to verify that your ticket has been paid for and issued. Yours was not.
Old Oct 7, 2017, 7:08 am

And not being able to OLCI and print your boarding passes should have been your first warning sign that something might be wrong.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.