Wiki Posts
Search

minor rant.. edreams refund issues

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2009, 1:34 pm
Original Poster

Location: Austin, TX -- AA Life Platinum; QF Life Silver; UA Silver
minor rant.. edreams refund issues

Back in April I purchased a flight on Belavia airlines, Kaliningrad-Minsk for May 8th on www.edreams.com. A few weeks later (the day before I left for Russia) I received an email saying that the flight on that day had been canceled and Belavia moved my flight up one day to the 7th, unfortunately that wouldn't work for me as my visa was only valid from the 8th onwards..

I requested then to be rescheduled onto airBaltic flight via Riga; the travel agent claimed they couldn't do that.. time was short (I was at the airport) so I had to purchase this flight on my own (200EUR). I had bought travel insurance and (wrongly) figured that they would cover the canceled flight. When I was in Russia my wallet was stolen including the credit card used for original purchase. When I got back home and filed the claim with travel ins, they denied it. I then requested edreams to issue the refund for the original ticket (80EUR). It took another couple months before edreams finally claimed the refund was issued on Jul 17th and might take a few billing sessions to show up.

Fast forward to September.. still no refund appearing on my credit card. Several more emails back and forth (the person I dealt with originally was now on vacation). Called my credit card co several times, no record of a refund (even to the original card#). By now of course it's too late to dispute the original charge... I contact edreams yet again to see if they can issue refund to new credit card number instead.. they told me to contact the airline directly. Of course Belavia told me to pound sand and the refund must go through edreams.

So 6 months later now I'm not sure what if anything I can do...
Old Oct 23, 2009, 10:50 am

Programs: BA Gold A3 Gold DL Gold VY apologist
The airline has to issue the refund.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.