Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2009, 11:01 am
Tel
Original Poster

Programs: old,FB gold,BMI silver,QR Gold,HH Gold.SPG Gold BA Silver
CSA Withdrawal of service

Travelled MAN/PRG this week on 737/400-150 seats
10 seats empty in Y and full in J
Yet next week this route will be discontinued-how many do they want on their planes?
Old Oct 17, 2009, 5:32 pm

Programs: AAdvantage
One flight is not representative of a route's performance. While the flight you were on was full, perhaps the return service was not and perhaps the yield even on full flights was not enough to save the MAN-PRG flight from being discontinued...
Old Oct 18, 2009, 7:39 am

Programs: *G, used to be with TK but left due to their corruption and political ties
I've also wondered at times about this. They used to have 2xdaily to DUB, even having a press release that this was one of their most popular routes. Then they cut back to 1x daily with lousy times and now I think it is totally gone. Granted, the crisis hit Ireland hard and a full plane does not guarantee yield but still..
Old Oct 18, 2009, 8:37 am

Programs: AAdvantage
But its yield that is king... Filling a cabin is the easy part. A full flight does not mean a flight/route is profitable. In the DUB-PRG case they faced competition from both EI and FR, not a good recipe for maing money on a route.
Old Oct 18, 2009, 11:02 am

Programs: AY Lumo, FB Gold
Originally Posted by CallBell
In the DUB-PRG case they faced competition from both EI and FR, not a good recipe for maing money on a route.
Plus a route like this will most likely have a lot of vacation travelers and Czech (+ maybe Slovakian as well) workers working in Ireland (anybody who's visited IE in the last 4 years or so will now what I mean!) - both groups that use very cheap tickets. Plus especially the last group has diminished after the Irish economy went down the drain.
Old Oct 18, 2009, 3:51 pm

Unhappy wonder what CSA will cut next

Service to North America from Prague will be over soon. Really sad, to say the least.
Old Oct 23, 2009, 5:25 pm
Tel
Original Poster

Programs: old,FB gold,BMI silver,QR Gold,HH Gold.SPG Gold BA Silver
update

Today's PRG/MAN flight OK646 ( final trip ) 1 seat empty 737/500

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.