Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Comical... FOX Rent a Car...

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2013, 1:59 pm
Original Poster

Red face Comical... FOX Rent a Car...

Something frequent renters can relate to, at one time or another...

Was standing in line at FOX in SJC yesterday, and the person in front of me was having an issue at the counter, and the Fox agent was trying to reach someone in the SFO Fox location... agent remarked, "they never pick-up, it's impossible to ever reach anyone at the SFO location..."

So I happen to be returning a car at the FOX location in SFO today, and have to head to the counter as for some unknown reason, they have someone else's name on my reservation # and can't check me in. The agent at the counter in SFO tries to call the SJC location to straighten it out, and guess what? He remarks, "I can never get through to that location". He never did reach them. He said he'd get back to me, via email.

Guess their training failed to include picking up a phone.
Old Nov 17, 2013, 3:51 pm

I rented with Fox once. I am done. The counter agent took over 20 minutes to give me my keys, being very slow and trying during all that time to upsell me, offering a different car, snow equipment, insurance, he tried everything and it was very very annoying.
Old Nov 17, 2013, 5:18 pm
Original Poster

The lines...

at SJC and SFO for Fox can be quite congested, and the efficiency of their agents, extremely slow; for that reason alone, my advice would be to go elsewhere; however, if your schedule brings you in and out at an off hour, it's ok and grequently the value they offer is worth it. Still, compared to Alamo, that charges NO deposit and is KIOSK friendly in both locations, eg SJC and SFO, it's a no-brainer to avoid Fox if Alamo or others of like-ilk are even remotely close to the price. The one place I would never rent from Fox, and I live there, is Las Vegas. The off site location, the attitude of the agents, makes for very, very long lines with no options available for fast processing. Whoever manages that location, now and in the past, should be transferred to Fox's site in Siberia. As for the up sell attempts at Fox and all the other rental companies, I understand and acknowledge that's part of the revenue/compensation agenda; but the simple phrase "no coverage and I'll bring it back full" said in a firm but polite manner with eyes focused brings an end to the conversation before it's even started.

Originally Posted by af fp
I rented with Fox once. I am done. The counter agent took over 20 minutes to give me my keys, being very slow and trying during all that time to upsell me, offering a different car, snow equipment, insurance, he tried everything and it was very very annoying.
Old Nov 17, 2013, 8:44 pm

Programs: Marriot Am, MU Pt
I've only rented from Fox once; it was in Denver I needed a car for three days.

They gave me a newish Explorer (I rented something much smaller), with only about three-digit mileage.

I didn't really feel happy flooring the car the whole time going up I-70. Pedal was to the floor and I will slowing down. Just means I'm never renting that car again!

Service otherwise was pretty good. Only 10 minutes to so get my car.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.