Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air Asia issues - any guidance

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2023, 3:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K M, AA 2 MM PREM, AVIS First, HYATT Explorist, Marriott Lifetime Platinum., Hilton Gold.
Air Asia issues - any guidance

-I made a mistake of booking Air Asia from DMG to KUL for Dec. 23, 2023. Now that I look at the tickets they do not have a PNR number and were issued by Kiwi.com
My extra 20K baggage per ticket cost as much as the ticket itself. Wish I would have booked Thai as I would have paid the same but had the data before leaving such as PNR number.
My hotel cannot (Grand Hyatt, Erawan) find any customer service phone number for Air Asia.
Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Old Dec 22, 2023, 6:44 pm
bpe

Programs: AS, UA
What exactly are you trying to do?

You should be able to make changes on Kiwi.com if your ticket allows it (many tickets won't allow changes), including adding checked bags. Or you can just add checked bags when you get to the airport and pay then.
ACC2008 likes this.
Old Dec 22, 2023, 6:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by ACC2008
-I made a mistake of booking Air Asia from DMG to KUL for Dec. 23, 2023. Now that I look at the tickets they do not have a PNR number and were issued by Kiwi.com
My extra 20K baggage per ticket cost as much as the ticket itself. Wish I would have booked Thai as I would have paid the same but had the data before leaving such as PNR number.
My hotel cannot (Grand Hyatt, Erawan) find any customer service phone number for Air Asia.
Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
If you have booked with kiwi.com, then your contract for travel is with them, and they need to be your first point of contact. AirAsia are effectively only just a subcontractor to kiwi.com and won't be interested in managing your ticket in any way.

Only if at the airport an issue arises will AirAsia have any responsibility.

Besides the Chatbot "Bo", a quick google search yields the following:

ThaiAirAsia
(voicemail service)

+6620297866

8am - 9pm (GMT+7) Monday to Sunday
ACC2008 likes this.

Last edited by Thai-Kiwi; Dec 22, 2023 at 7:05 pm
Old Dec 23, 2023, 12:42 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by ACC2008
Seriously? They've never heard of Google? But, as others have said, kiwi.com has control of your ticket until you check in, so they are your point of contact.
Old Dec 23, 2023, 2:04 am

Programs: RJ Gold, AZ E+, Air Asia Platinum
Wait till 24-48 hours before departure. At that time you will be able to check in on AirAsia's website and select ancilaries. They dont display those bookings not made directly before check in, but do at the check in time.

OTAs sell ancilaries at much much higher prices that the airline directly, it is their main source of revenue afterall.

For BKK-KUL, a 25kg bag purchased around 24 hours before at the start of this month was 130 ringit or 30USD, which I think is quiet reasonable. You do have to buy it at least 4 hours before, as you can only do it at the airport after that time and at a much higher price. Also, they have the fast pass for around 15USD, which lets you take 14kg of baggage (and get fast track immigration at KLIA).

PS: Kiwi e ticket receipt should display the PNR that can be entered on airline';s website. Just checked one of my old tickets.
Thai-Kiwi likes this.

Last edited by Rami Tamimi; Dec 23, 2023 at 2:10 am
Old Dec 24, 2023, 11:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K M, AA 2 MM PREM, AVIS First, HYATT Explorist, Marriott Lifetime Platinum., Hilton Gold.
Originally Posted by Rami Tamimi
Wait till 24-48 hours before departure. At that time you will be able to check in on AirAsia's website and select ancilaries. They dont display those bookings not made directly before check in, but do at the check in time.

OTAs sell ancilaries at much much higher prices that the airline directly, it is their main source of revenue afterall.

For BKK-KUL, a 25kg bag purchased around 24 hours before at the start of this month was 130 ringit or 30USD, which I think is quiet reasonable. You do have to buy it at least 4 hours before, as you can only do it at the airport after that time and at a much higher price. Also, they have the fast pass for around 15USD, which lets you take 14kg of baggage (and get fast track immigration at KLIA).

PS: Kiwi e ticket receipt should display the PNR that can be entered on airline';s website. Just checked one of my old tickets.
Thanks for your advice. I was able to pay for bags online using airasia website and also able to check in.
Thanks
Rami Tamimi likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.