Wiki Posts
Search

Garuda LHR-DPS Cancelled

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2019, 9:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Qatar Platinum, Alitalia Elite Plus
Garuda LHR-DPS Cancelled

This morning I received an email from Garuda noting flight changes. My London to Bali flight on 28th September which had previously been changed to London Medan Bali,(without notification I add) has now been changed to Amsterdam Jakarta Bali with no mention of how we get to Amsterdam. This situation is mad, my girlfriend and I are travelling with our 20 month old son and initially booked the direct flight with Garuda for practicality. Have just checked my booking on Garuda website and they have outright cancelled the London to Bali flight. Dan

Last edited by Bevers; Aug 20, 2019 at 9:56 pm Reason: Missing info
Old Aug 21, 2019, 12:45 am

Bad luck. Been there done that. Damn annoying isn't it.

You'll need to call up - I had most luck calling the Jakarta office directly. If it goes the way it went for me:

FIrst offer will likely be a refund.
Second offer could be a KLM connection to AMS, horrid early start from memory.
If you decline, and argue that the timings have changed (which I'm guessing they have) you can argue for a re-route. I had to try three different agents before I got one that would do this - and even then it was KLM or nothing.

I took a KLM re-route in the end and was glad to be rid of GA full stop.

For info KLM do go to DPS with a AMS-SIN-DPS routing.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 3:07 am

Programs: Many. Too many. I came here to cut them down. I failed.
Originally Posted by Bevers
This morning I received an email from Garuda noting flight changes. My London to Bali flight on 28th September which had previously been changed to London Medan Bali,(without notification I add) has now been changed to Amsterdam Jakarta Bali with no mention of how we get to Amsterdam. This situation is mad, my girlfriend and I are travelling with our 20 month old son and initially booked the direct flight with Garuda for practicality. Have just checked my booking on Garuda website and they have outright cancelled the London to Bali flight. Dan
Currently flights on 17th, 19th, 21st, 24th. 26th & 28th September cancelled along with 22nd, 26th October, maybe a few others, but the route hasn't been cancelled.

I would *guess* (complete speculation) that they are bunched like that as that they were probably relying on their new A330 NEO to run the route which was due around now, and possibly delayed.

Hard to know really, but currently (currently) this is just a short term not a route cancellation, not that that helps you.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 2:01 pm

Programs: BAEC
You might also want to review my posting on this thread where another FTer found the same issue earlier today..
​​​
Garuda: LHR to DPS from £1,352!
Bevers likes this.
Old Aug 23, 2019, 7:03 am

Programs: Miles and More, BAEC , QR Privilege, Oman Sindbad, Tufty Club.
Originally Posted by Sam Bee
Currently flights on 17th, 19th, 21st, 24th. 26th & 28th September cancelled along with 22nd, 26th October, maybe a few others, but the route hasn't been cancelled.

I would *guess* (complete speculation) that they are bunched like that as that they were probably relying on their new A330 NEO to run the route which was due around now, and possibly delayed.

Hard to know really, but currently (currently) this is just a short term not a route cancellation, not that that helps you.
Yep - my return from DPS to LHR on October 22nd was cancelled 8 days ago, and was “simply” shunted on to the 24th flight. Called London office and told them to put me on the DPS-CGK-AMS-LHR routing for the 22nd. New e-tickets issued within 5 minutes and to be honest the 8pm departure from DPS gives another day on the beach rather than needing to be at DPS check-in before breakfast.

The September cancellations must have been decided on in the last 24-36 hours - and as SamBee says, could be an aircraft scheduling issue or my betting is just another act of self harm.

(Our outbound from LHR is October 1st - so has avoided the cull so far - but am preparing my reroute requests with other carriers in preparation for the axeman - I believe Cathay has plenty of space via HKG at the moment for some reason )

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.