FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Garuda LHR-DPS Cancelled
View Single Post
Old Aug 23, 2019, 7:03 am
editionsofyou

Programs: Miles and More, BAEC , QR Privilege, Oman Sindbad, Tufty Club.
Originally Posted by Sam Bee
Currently flights on 17th, 19th, 21st, 24th. 26th & 28th September cancelled along with 22nd, 26th October, maybe a few others, but the route hasn't been cancelled.

I would *guess* (complete speculation) that they are bunched like that as that they were probably relying on their new A330 NEO to run the route which was due around now, and possibly delayed.

Hard to know really, but currently (currently) this is just a short term not a route cancellation, not that that helps you.
Yep - my return from DPS to LHR on October 22nd was cancelled 8 days ago, and was “simply” shunted on to the 24th flight. Called London office and told them to put me on the DPS-CGK-AMS-LHR routing for the 22nd. New e-tickets issued within 5 minutes and to be honest the 8pm departure from DPS gives another day on the beach rather than needing to be at DPS check-in before breakfast.

The September cancellations must have been decided on in the last 24-36 hours - and as SamBee says, could be an aircraft scheduling issue or my betting is just another act of self harm.

(Our outbound from LHR is October 1st - so has avoided the cull so far - but am preparing my reroute requests with other carriers in preparation for the axeman - I believe Cathay has plenty of space via HKG at the moment for some reason )