Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hong Kong Airlines - feedback?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2019, 12:59 am

I think the end is here for the LAX flight. Jan 10th flight was canceled. Automatically rebooked for Jan 8th but they omitted the BKK-HKG leg. Going to be a mess figuring this out.

My guess is Jan 8th is the final day for the LAX flight.

Any ideas on what I can do? Leaving 2 days earlier is unacceptable.
Old Dec 31, 2019, 4:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by EVA777
I think the end is here for the LAX flight. Jan 10th flight was canceled. Automatically rebooked for Jan 8th but they omitted the BKK-HKG leg. Going to be a mess figuring this out.

My guess is Jan 8th is the final day for the LAX flight.

Any ideas on what I can do? Leaving 2 days earlier is unacceptable.
You made that forecast 9 days ago, so you should not be surprised unfortunately.
Actually, all flights show zero availability as from today.
Maybe the hold space to rebook pax with cancelled tickets at a later date. Maybe they just stop flying that destination.

The automatic rebooking you got might suggest that it is the former case, but nothing is assured.HX is not planning immediate bankruptcy as the BKK flights are still open.

It seems that this is the return leg of your ticket, so you need a flight to return. I suggest calling HX ASAP and see if they can reroute you on another airline. If they are inflexible, or in a state of chaos, then the credit card you used is your best option.
Old Dec 31, 2019, 5:04 am

I am not surprised, just not looking forward to the process of rebooking. Hopefully a J ticket will be more accommodating. I also have another flight within the U.S. that I will also need to change.

LAX has been zeroed out and not bookable for several weeks. Every flight shows a YVR connection with a terrible layover.

I booked through AMEX travel. I'll call tomorrow and see what my options are. Right now I'm going to enjoy several Chang beers and not worry about it.

On a side note, noticed the note on the HX website regarding the IFE out of service is gone. Wonder if they paid up (doubtful) or removed it since they are pulling the plug on Nortn America flights within the next few days.

Happy New Year!
Old Dec 31, 2019, 9:54 pm

would love to hear more on recent flights on HKA from to/from YVR. is it going to get more and more busy/crowded as all the previosu lfights are now squeezed until ~Feb 10th? Also any updates on IFE for this leg... very important for my little one who cannot sit still...
Old Jan 1, 2020, 7:05 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM
Originally Posted by fuc847
would love to hear more on recent flights on HKA from to/from YVR. is it going to get more and more busy/crowded as all the previosu lfights are now squeezed until ~Feb 10th? Also any updates on IFE for this leg... very important for my little one who cannot sit still...
I recommend planning for alternative entertainment for the little one, as IFE seems to be out still:
https://www.hongkongairlines.com/en_...d=10005575100#
Old Jan 18, 2020, 9:21 pm

any recent updates on IFE? i heard service levels are coming down

Also even if IFE is not on, can i charge my USB?
Old Jan 20, 2020, 6:19 am

Originally Posted by fuc847
any recent updates on IFE? i heard service levels are coming down

Also even if IFE is not on, can i charge my USB?
No IFE on my return flight on the 12th. Yes USB and power outlet will work.
Old Jan 28, 2020, 8:08 am

While IFE may not work, anyone know if at least the maps function works on their A330's? Will be taking one later this week.

Also, it seems like HX has rebranded as a regional airline (as someone mentioned above) and is here to stay in the near future...
Old Jan 28, 2020, 11:01 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
I won't give HX that good odds.

Wuhan Coronavirus to HX is, well, like Wuhan Coronavirus to an already-immunosuppressed patient. Should finish it off.
Old Feb 7, 2020, 1:56 am

More staff cuts and no-pay leave arrangements reported in the press today : https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/...DOPDFMlKuVcveY

Wondering if it is worth booking a near-term round-trip with them within this month?
Old Feb 7, 2020, 6:20 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I wouldn't hesitate to book them to/from non mainland destinations for close in travels.
Old Feb 8, 2020, 2:02 am

Well I've painfully and slowly accumulated 30k FWC miles, enough for a 1-way business class hkg-bkk but see that availability is fairly limited.

My question is, I really wanted to try their 1-2-1 configuration rather than the 2-2, having turned into a plane geek recently and would consider going to another destination to try this product (and not go to bkk for eg.) I have read reviews that stated hkg-bkk would sometimes have 1-2-1 and sometimes 2-2. Thus where else does HK Airlines fly this 1-2-1 regionally from hkg? Thanks a lot everyone
Old Feb 10, 2020, 9:48 am

Not sure if this is the right place for this but has anyone been able to redeem Fortune Wings points on one of the partner airlines? I called to book MAD-LIS on TAP Portugal and there wasn't any availability in economy or business. Rep checked multiple flights and couldn't find a single seat.
Old Feb 16, 2020, 11:09 pm

I tried to use them on Alaska Airlines by calling Alaska Airlines and was told that they couldn’t do it. I can’t do it online, so that leaves me the only option which would be to call them. I’ve got 35,000 points and would like to get rid of them. A business class one way or round trip between Hong Kong and either Bkk or CNX would be fine.
Old Feb 16, 2020, 11:28 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Dean1953
I tried to use them on Alaska Airlines by calling Alaska Airlines and was told that they couldn’t do it. I can’t do it online, so that leaves me the only option which would be to call them. I’ve got 35,000 points and would like to get rid of them. A business class one way or round trip between Hong Kong and either Bkk or CNX would be fine.
Why did you call Alaska Airlines?
dls25 and percysmith like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.