Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Garuda London - Jakarta zero'd out in GDS for W18-19

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2018, 3:40 pm

Programs: Air: QR Silver. BA Silver Emirates, Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Hilton Diamond.
Originally Posted by mr_botak
I suspect London J loads were in the single figures, so there may be scope. Personally I'll ask for a re-route onto a different carrier or refund on grounds of the timing change.

I tend to credit skyteam to CI. Have a look at where to credit.

So you're hoping you can get Garuda to put you on one of their alliance partners out of Heathrow to your destination ?
Is that done just on a goodwill thing or is there good grounds to think they'll allow you to choose that option ?

Ta.

Last edited by Sisyphus1carus; Aug 25, 2018 at 3:48 pm
Old Aug 25, 2018, 4:05 pm

Programs: Air: QR Silver. BA Silver Emirates, Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Hilton Diamond.
Originally Posted by mr_botak
I suspect London J loads were in the single figures, so there may be scope. Personally I'll ask for a re-route onto a different carrier or refund on grounds of the timing change.

I tend to credit skyteam to CI. Have a look at where to credit.
https://www.garuda-indonesia.com/sg/en/partner/skyteam/skyteam.page?
Out of this lot I'd probably prefer doing AMS-CGK on Garuda !! (with the LHR-AMS on KLM)
Mind you, I've never flown Garuda before !!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Sisyphus1carus; Aug 25, 2018 at 4:37 pm
Old Aug 26, 2018, 12:20 am

Programs: BAEC
Out of the list I would probably try for VN over anything else.

That list doesn't include Etihad which is a code share partner, and interestingly has code shares not only LHR to AUH to CGK but also AUH to BKK.
Old Aug 26, 2018, 1:07 am

I'll be asking for a re-route around the same departure time as currently planned. What GA offer will be interesting to see.
Of the Skyteam list CI - China Airlines has the best product, and on the days operated runs a similar schedule ex LGW. TPE is a nice stopover.

Always good to have your list of available 'preferred' alternatives to suggest. Check up on, and remember your rights.
Old Aug 26, 2018, 2:48 am

Programs: SQ TPP, BA silver, GA silver
Is Garuda under obligation to reroute its passengers or can they simply refund the tickets?
Old Aug 26, 2018, 3:38 am

My understanding is that under EC261 it is the passengers choice from 1) immediate re-route, 2) later re-routing, 3) refund. No compensation if more than two weeks notice.

Happy for anyone to 'clarify' my understanding.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 9:37 am

Ha. Got an email this morning from Garuda entitled change in flight times. Thought here we go this is it, confirmation of discontinuation of direct LHR to CHK. Turns out it’s just my connection CGK to BKK is now 5 minutes earlier lol. I suspect the big change is yet to come.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 11:20 am

Yep, had the same notification, the same thoughts, and the same outcome. However it does seem that someone at Garuda HQ is cranking the handle on the Winter schedule so maybe we will get to hear something more definite soon.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 1:22 pm

Are they liable for any out of pocket expense this causes us such as having to get a hotel room we wouldn't have needed if it weren't for this disruption & change to flights, route and flight timings etc... ?
Old Aug 29, 2018, 6:13 am

Programs: Many. Too many. I came here to cut them down. I failed.
It's official as of today. Can't post the official confirmation but basically:
This notice contains important information about reservation and ticketing handling for London flight cancellation (no longer operating) eff: 28 Oct 2018 until further notice. This notice applies to a ticketed booking on Garuda Indonesia operated flight destination from/to London & involving flight connection either beyond London or Jakarta.

1. Full Refund Passengers who choose to cancel the tickets can do so without a cancellation penalty.
2. Rerouting options - include KL via AMS, SQ via SIN, CX via HKG
plunet likes this.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 6:20 am

Thanks for that @Sam Bee
Interesting choice of partners they have chosen to reroute onto. But if what you have suggsted is reality I'm not going to complain... I'm going to sit tight for a couple of days first...
Old Aug 29, 2018, 8:38 am

Was this an e-mail sent to you directly?
I phoned London who have a phone message giving those with bookings a number to call in Jakarta to reschedule. Thought I'd try to get in early to choose my replacement flights. Trouble is Garuda Jakarta won't change my flight as they say it is still scheduled. Left hand, right hand? Spent an hour on the phone with the guy in Jakarta telling me to visit the Garuda Customer Service office in Heathrow. As a regular flyer with them I know this does not exist - instead they have a ticket and upgrade desk on flight days and flight times only. It was clear he couldn't help me so I asked for his name and he hung up. Spoke to London again who suggested e-mailing - so that I've done that. Let's hope there's finally a positive outcome from this crazy farce.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 10:37 am

From the Garuda Facebook page:

We regret to inform you that, effective 28-Oct-18, Garuda Indonesia will no longer serve its non-stop London-Jakarta/Jakarta-London route.

We will work closely with our airline partners to assist our valued passengers affected by this change to ensure that we’re able to rearrange their itineraries and re-accommodate them through our Amsterdam-Jakarta route or other alternative flights.

Our London Heathrow – Amsterdam – Jakarta route will continue to operate with 6 flights a week.

Passengers are advised to contact the travel agent they purchased their flights through for further advice. For passengers who purchased tickets via the Garuda Indonesia UK website please email [email protected] or call 0062 212 3519999
plunet likes this.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 11:16 am

Very surprising they are allowing reroutes on CX and SQ given they are not in an alliance together.
Do you think we'll get to choose ?

We have 3 biz class seats booked LHR-CGK-BKK return (all on same ticket so not separate flights) so my destination is Bangkok.

So if we choose (or are put on) SQ or CX in biz will they route us LHR-SIN/HKG-CGK-BKK or the more sensible LHR-SIN/HKG-BKK ??

I very much presume they won't have any issue rescheduling the CGK-BKK flights is they insist we still fly to CGK ?

All a bloody faff.

Originally Posted by Sam Bee
It's official as of today. Can't post the official confirmation but basically:
Quote:
This notice contains important information about reservation and ticketing handling for London flight cancellation (no longer operating) eff: 28 Oct 2018 until further notice. This notice applies to a ticketed booking on Garuda Indonesia operated flight destination from/to London & involving flight connection either beyond London or Jakarta.

1. Full Refund Passengers who choose to cancel the tickets can do so without a cancellation penalty.
2. Rerouting options - include KL via AMS, SQ via SIN, CX via HKG

Old Aug 29, 2018, 11:38 am

I plan to email giving first choice, second choice and third choice airlines with specific flight numbers. See what comes back.

I don’t think it will necessary to transit CGK. I.e. you could route LHR-BKK. If I were you my first choice would be EVA ex LHR non stop BKK, then second CX via HKG and in third place SQ via SIN. Take your own view on TG poor product vs. Non stop. Depends on your priority.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.