Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Garuda London - Jakarta zero'd out in GDS for W18-19

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2020, 8:40 am

Programs: Many. Too many. I came here to cut them down. I failed.
Originally Posted by jfs5
I am booked on a return DPS-LHR flight in April that is now zeroed out. What are the chances that the flight actually runs? Can I do anything with Garuda now or do I have to wait until they officially cancel? This is all very frustrating.
Well that's the thing, it's impossible to know. By next week your flight could be reloaded as a direct 14x weekly Bali-Raja Ampat-Wuhan-London Luton route, but it doesn't mean much.

I'd be contacting your local sales offices - the London team is very helpful. They've rebooked people on SQ & CX before so perhaps work out your preferred options. And these rebookings held despite GA subsequently relaunching flights, so treat it as a positive.
Old Jan 25, 2020, 10:01 pm

Programs: BAEC
When they did the original zero out of ticket sales back in Summer 2018 (when this thread was created) it was a further two months before rebooking advice was available to reservations. Timescales may well be different this time as they are all practiced at this situation, but I would think unless HQ have decided what they are doing this month you will be in limbo until rebooking info has been made available.

As Sam Bee mentions upthread, for the original set of cancellations the rebooking terms were generous. I waited for about a week after the rebooking advice was initially made available to actually rebook. Even then the London reservations office was not then yet authorised to do the rebooking and I had to call Jakarta. Based upon the timings I needed I had to rebook on CX rather than SQ, but I called in, gave them the flights I wanted, they said it would take 24 hours to ticket, and they called me back the next day with confirmation it had all been done. Jakarta did try a conversation about routing me via AMS to pick up their flight there but because it flies out late am rather than late pm it was really why easy to create a good excuse why timings via AMS could not possibly work for some fictious meeting I had at either end of the trip, and I cited the EU261 rules and the conversation moved swiftly onto CX and SQ options.

Rebooking terms for some of the more recent cancellations have been less generous, but all that history is upthread.

Last edited by plunet; Jan 25, 2020 at 10:09 pm
Old Jan 26, 2020, 5:32 am

Was booked on LHR-KNO-DPS early Feb in Business, that of course got cancelled by Garuda. Cust service on the phone was powerless, offered a change either thru AMS (doesn’t work for my schedule) or full refund. Luckily I have someone I could ask to go to their ticketing office in Jakarta, now rebooked on Qatar (they asked me which flights I wanted, and got the exact ones I asked for, one leg with Q-Suite).

All in all a good outcome, but if I had to only choose between via AMS or refund 2 weeks before departure, I wouldn’t be so happy...
Old Jan 31, 2020, 11:28 am

Programs: Many. Too many. I came here to cut them down. I failed.
Received a mid Feb cancellation. They have now pulled Heathrow effective immediately.

Last flight is basically tomorrow.

Until?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.