Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Garuda London - Jakarta zero'd out in GDS for W18-19

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2018, 12:45 am

Thanks Walkingtall. Do you know if the timings will change please?
Old Aug 10, 2018, 12:57 am

Programs: BAEC
I'd have thought a significant constraint, unless these have been renegotiated, might be the slots and hence timings they have into and out of LHR...
Old Aug 10, 2018, 2:54 am

Programs: BA GGL, GA PLAT, SQ Gold
Well I was told at Jakarta airport last night before boarding the ams flight , they seemed pretty definite they are not pulling out

only issue would be any jkt passengers now need to clear immigration at dps ,and the fly onward as a domestic flight , which isn’t appealing
Old Aug 10, 2018, 3:59 am

they're targeting more holiday makers rather than the non-leisure pax, so it seems.

going in straightaway to Bali for holiday - also many connection available to Aussie in DPS (not sure about the timing though).

conversely, Aussie pax can connect in CGK to LHR, skipping DPS altogether. but not sure if multi-city pricing will be as sweet as simple round trip. going back to UK with one stop is not that bad for ending a holiday, I suppose.

but non-leisure pax, if there's any in this city pairs, will rather going via SIN with SQ both direction.
Old Aug 10, 2018, 6:12 am
siw

Programs: AF-KL Platinum, ALL Platinum
Got this e-mail with GA long haul discounts to Summer 2019 but no LHR here: https://mailchi.mp/garuda-indonesia/...n?e=7b74c1fad3
Old Aug 12, 2018, 3:09 pm

I’m flying LHR-CGK-DPS next Thursday and back the same way on a Saturday a few weeks later.

Booked the seats in Y back in December and since then GA have changed my schedule about 4 times - the most significant chance being the moving of the LHR-CGK leg forward by 3 hours from 21:45 to 18:15 then back to around the original time.

I called GA London office after the first move but they had only found out this news that morning and ended up putting a message on the IVR telling people calling about the change to call back in 2 or 3 days!! It had clearly taken them by surprise and took a while for the broken connections to be rectified.

When the move move back happened I was the person who gave the UK office the news!!

i get the impression GA were thinking of these changes and then has to change their mind for whatever reason. Either way the team in the U.K. are kept on their toes by Jakarta.

My flight out to CGK is only ‘relatively busy’ in Y so I’m expecting space at the back.

The flight back from CGK to DPS appears to be full in both J & Y.

The most recebt person from GA I spoke to suggested there could be upto 100 people on the LHR-CGK leg who are on their way to Bali.

I’d much prefer a direct LHR to DPS. I think that could be a popular choice.
Old Aug 14, 2018, 2:37 am

Programs: Many. Too many. I came here to cut them down. I failed.
I'm finding the whole thing hilarious. No, I lie, I'm finding it frustrating. If they aren't going to fly non-stop to Bali or Jakarta in both directions I don't see a real advantage - kind of disadvantaging both destinations.

Can't help think that with the new T3 in CGK then better slots for LHR-CGK-LHR with decent connectivity (including Oz) would have been a success, closely followed by LHR-SIN-CGK or DPS-SIN-LHR with connectivity in SIN to KNO/LOP/SUB (and the other of CGK or DPS) would be fab. But what do we know? I've only been flying them on this route on and off for 20 years or so, we're all better off leaving it to the experts at GA in Jakarta...
Old Aug 14, 2018, 6:24 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by walkingtall
London route is not being cancelled , it is changing to CGK- LHR-DPS-CGK

new schedule will be released shortly , first clsss will remain
Pain for us on the cheapo LHR-CGK-BKK tickets though as GA do not have any flights DPS-BKK
plunet likes this.
Old Aug 16, 2018, 8:12 am

Just had a reply to a tweet I sent to Garuda informing me that flights to London will close 28 October 2018 - 30 March 2019.
Old Aug 16, 2018, 12:00 pm
siw

Programs: AF-KL Platinum, ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by happytiler
Just had a reply to a tweet I sent to Garuda informing me that flights to London will close 28 October 2018 - 30 March 2019.
Is that because demand drops for visitors to Indonesia during the monsoon season (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Climate_of_Indonesia)? Whereas, that is when the dry season is just north of the equator; e.g. Vietnam (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geogra...ietnam#Climate) and Thailand (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geogra...ailand#Climate) for holidaymakers.

Last edited by siw; Aug 16, 2018 at 12:33 pm
Old Aug 17, 2018, 8:35 pm
Original Poster

Bali's main tourist (dry) season is during June-Sept - so if they are heavily reliant on this traffic then this would make sense. The winter traffic goes to Thailand etc and Garuda is not an option of this except very low yielding traffic. Their only other option was to try optimise for Aussie connections over their summer, but with slot issues and aircraft utilisation to consider I guess they haven't been able to figure that out
Old Aug 18, 2018, 1:00 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

so CGK-LHR will turn to become seasonal that means?

I wonder how they will be able to keep those uber valuable slots in Heathrow.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 4:16 am

And I got a reply to my tweet this morning saying they hope the flight will be available in November. Sounds like nobody knows.

We're booked to KUL in November. I'm assuming that the balance of probability is that the route will be dropped. If we can't accept a re-route on GA via AMS due to the timings outbound, any one have any insights as to what GA might offer? A re-route onto MH1 would clearly be ideal? likely?
Old Aug 18, 2018, 6:11 am

Programs: BAEC
I would imagine that reroutes if they can't accomodate you on their planes might be onto Ethihad with whom they have code shares, or onto SkyTeam member airlines. At a random guess I would say MH is unlikely.

I just wish they would make up their minds, I'm off to BKK with a stopover in Jakarta for the Christmas holiday period, and if rebooking is required I would prefer that is done sooner rather than later so I can start to plan.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 2:52 am

Programs: Many. Too many. I came here to cut them down. I failed.
No final final decision made, but expect complete pull out from LHR to be announced within days.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.