Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Philippine Airline Mabuhay Lounge Access

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2019, 3:13 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, oneworld Emerald
Originally Posted by AsiaTravel2019
Wanted to put in my 2 cents on the PAGSS lounge in T1 at NAIA. I flew J on BR and they use this lounge.
The food was average/OK and better than the Mabuhay lounge. Then again, a high school cafeteria would be better than the Mabuhay Lounge.
The real problem in PAGSS is like a lot of things in the Philippines is the TERRIBLE, non-existent customer service. The people working the lounge acted like all of the passengers were a nuisance. I felt like I was in line at SM. The truth to the lie about customer service in the Philippines is if the employees aren't specifically well-trained, they are terrible, terrible, terrible.
The best lounge in T1 food-wise is Club Manila. I am not sure now which exactly PAGSS lounge EVA uses, as it was ages ago when I took EVA flight from MNL and it was before renovation, but the one EVA used before was very disappointing. Worse than Mabuhay Lounge at T2 International.

Agree about the service, it sucks there. Skyview at T3 has been particularly bad in terms of service (and I actually consider it the worst lounge among all major ones at NAIA).
Old Apr 15, 2019, 9:58 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, AC 50K MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
PAL T1 new lounge on 4th floor - opening date?

Originally Posted by Akiestar
The PAGSS Lounge at Terminal 1 was recently renovated. It's arguably the nicest lounge at Terminal 1 so far, and is much better than the last time I passed through this lounge a few years ago. PR is using PAGSS temporarily while their Mabuhay Lounge (on the fourth floor, which is where their lounge used to be before they moved out) is under construction.
Does anybody know when the new PAL T1 lounge on the 4th floor will be finished? Hopefully in time for my trip in November 2019.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 10:08 am

Originally Posted by YVR guy
Does anybody know when the new PAL T1 lounge on the 4th floor will be finished? Hopefully in time for my trip in November 2019.
I have the same question - likely flying through in Q1 2020.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 8:55 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, oneworld Emerald
Originally Posted by lowfareair
I have the same question - likely flying through in Q1 2020.
Renovated PAGSS is quite decent and Club Manila, though having an outdated design, has solid food/drinks selection.
I don't think PAL lounge will make any noticeable improvement.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 8:47 pm
Fyd

Programs: UA GS, SQ PPS, IHG Plat Amb, Marriot Gold, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Accor Plat
The truth to the lie about customer service in the Philippines is if the employees aren't specifically well-trained, they are terrible, terrible, terrible.
i guess that depends on your expectations of service.
I agree staff on average is not as well trained as say in Northern Europe. So, if you expect staff to clear your plate because you left your knife and fork parallel, pointing at 5o'clock, you'll be waiting in vane.
They are also not as empowered as in the US, so resolution of service issues or handling of exceptions is very difficult and can be frustrating. I found getting any type of compensation for service errors, even if you are in the right, is near impossible, unless you get hold of the business owner or a Senior Manager. Frequently, the compensation for a mistake made will come out of the staff's pocket - so staff and supervisors will avoid it if possible...
But, I live in the Philippines, and find service in general to be exceptionally friendly and attentive. Staff will go above and beyond the call of duty and will do pretty much do anything that they can achieve through their own efforts, especially if you ask nicely, show some respect and a smile. This is especially true with regards to children and elderly.
​​​​​its about as stark a contrast to the grumpy US3 staff or LH lounge dragons as you can find...
​​​​​​
Old Feb 13, 2020, 9:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
T1 PAGSS Lounge

Wanted to put in my 2 cents on the PAGSS lounge in T1 at NAIA. I flew J on BR and they use this lounge.

The food was average/OK and better than the Mabuhay lounge. Then again, a high school cafeteria would be better than the Mabuhay Lounge.
Was this the newly renovated PAGSS Lounge used by PR, or the old, tired PAGSS Lounge used by KE and CI?

Is it possible to buy a day pass for either Terminal 1 PAGSS Lounge?

If so, what is the price differential?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.