Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AirAsia BIG tier level now I am BLACK

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2019, 8:52 am

Originally Posted by wantan
so since the middle of the year, as a BLACK tier I've been noticing :

1. Ticket is always "Zone 1" aka Priority Boarding. I rarely purchase seats, so I think this is a perk ? ie: even when seated at 27B, I'd still be able to board the plan along with the Hot Seat guests.

2. Since September 2019, after purchasing my flight and during OLCI I wanted to pre-book a seat (traveling with colleagues) and surprised to find that even though the Check-In website asks for payment and you'd go through the standard processes of entering credit card details, SMS TAC etc ... the card doesn't get charged and the final itinerary (AK emails a new itinerary with same booking number reflecting any changes made) still shows the original booking price with the seat I selected (say 3C is noted as "Auto Selected) even though it was some random 9E before I changed it expecting to pay !

Not sure if the above is a glitch or not, but I have experienced it every time (twice) that I changed seats during OLCI. Selecting the seat during the booking process means you would still have to pay for it.

Thank you for sharing.

1 : indeed I’ve always given zone 1 even as a platinum. While the system seems always assign me to the last few rows, it still means a priority boarding where I could comfortably store my luggage before other pax squeeze in, nice benefit.

2 : just got my Black status recently, will try it in a few days with OLCI. Sounds really nice they didn’t charge you even when changing to a overpriced hot seat, not the usual blood sucking AK style lol.
Old Dec 6, 2019, 1:35 am

Programs: Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Accor Gold, OW Emerald, SIXT Diamond
Originally Posted by nisnekmil
Thank you for sharing.

1 : indeed I’ve always given zone 1 even as a platinum. While the system seems always assign me to the last few rows, it still means a priority boarding where I could comfortably store my luggage before other pax squeeze in, nice benefit.

2 : just got my Black status recently, will try it in a few days with OLCI. Sounds really nice they didn’t charge you even when changing to a overpriced hot seat, not the usual blood sucking AK style lol.
good data point, wonder at what tier does Zone 1 boarding begin to apply.

as for 2, seat selection has started charging again so not sure if it was just a glitch

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.