Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Interline to Bangkok Airways from Austrian

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2017, 3:56 am
Original Poster

Interline to Bangkok Airways from Austrian

I am flying VIE-BKK-REP on 2 separate tickets.

Any one know if OS will check my bag through to REP or will I need to re-checkin at BKK?

I remember seeing somewhere that PG will not interline on two separate non-PG tickets but unsure if that also applies for incoming transfers as well.
Old Jul 3, 2017, 11:17 pm

Programs: Delta PlM, 1M
I would not assume you can through check the bags. Even if OS(?) allows this, it could be very dicey with 2 tickets to a regional airline.

Not a huge issue though. The full customs at BKK will most often cost you less than 30 minutes. A short walk from there over to the far end of domestic counters where PG lives to recheck. Only a few minutes from there to the gate.

I would allow 3 hours for the transit, but if you have 2+ hours I would not worry. Even if you miss, not the end of the world. Less than 2 hours is dicey.

EDIT: When flying on split tickets to multiple countries you should insure you are able to enter each country. Thailand is lax for most westerners with proof of an outgoing ticket.

Last edited by exwannabe; Jul 3, 2017 at 11:25 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.