Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other Asian, Australian, and South Pacific Airlines
Reload this Page >

[CZ] Elderly passenger throws coins into engine for luck, delays take-off for hours

[CZ] Elderly passenger throws coins into engine for luck, delays take-off for hours

Old Jun 28, 2017, 11:29 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Lowest level possible

A flight from Shanghai to Guangzhou was delayed after an elderly woman passenger was suspected of throwing coins into the plane’s engine to ensure “good luck”, mainland media reported.

China Southern Airlines Flight 380 was held up at the Shanghai Pudong International Airport after an elderly woman passenger caused a disruption, according to the airline’s official WeChat account.

http://www.scmp.com/news/china/socie...ck-delays-take
Old Jun 28, 2017, 8:48 pm

Programs: Delta PlM, 1M
Normally this type stuff angers me. In this case though I can do no more than shake my head and laugh.

Hell, I would probably buy her a beer back in the terminal as we waited :-)
Old Jul 4, 2017, 4:59 am

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
9 coins were found, with the total value of around 0.50 RMB.... that's like 8 US cents. I wonder that kind of penalty she received.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.