Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other Asian, Australian, and South Pacific Airlines
Reload this Page >

Overnight layover in Chengdu on Air China : Free hotel?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2013, 4:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan

Hello,
Bought ticket with Aeroplan miles and will be flying Istanbul-Cairo-Guangzhou-Chengdu-Xichang (on Air China for the last two flights), do I qualify for free hotel and meals? Would anyone have an email address or a number I can contact?
Thanks a bunch
Jacques
Old Sep 8, 2013, 7:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by jacquesrules
Hello,
Bought ticket with Aeroplan miles and will be flying Istanbul-Cairo-Guangzhou-Chengdu-Xichang (on Air China for the last two flights), do I qualify for free hotel and meals? Would anyone have an email address or a number I can contact?
Thanks a bunch
Jacques
I would guess not; free hotels on award tickets are no longer especially common. But, even if they do give you hotel, chances are you won't want to stay in it anyway.
Old Sep 9, 2013, 6:57 am
Senior Moderator; Moderator, Eco-Conscious Travel, United and Flyertalk Cares

Programs: UA 1.7 MM;; Accor & Marriott Pt; Hyatt Globalist
Please follow this in the Asian carriers forum.

l'etoile
sr. moderator
Old Sep 9, 2013, 8:12 am

Programs: Spire RA, 1865 Voyager, Bonvoy Titanium, FB LP, LH SEN.
On domestic to domestic certainly not. Are you going to launch a rocket?
Old Sep 9, 2013, 8:24 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Chinatrvl
On domestic to domestic certainly not. Are you going to launch a rocket?
In spite of the domestic segments, the OP's intin is certainly international. Still, I just don't see it happening. And, like I suggested, CA's hotel choices tend to really suck (e.g. they are fond of the Shanghai Airlines Hotel in Beijing... no thanks!).
Old Sep 9, 2013, 9:49 am

Programs: various
No way this gets a free hotel in Chengdu. Probably CA wouldn't cough up even on a paid business class ticket!

It is an interesting destination though. Besides the rocket center (unlikely foreigners would be welcome to visit, heh), Xichang is useful as a back door to Lugu Lake then Lijiang. Or into some rugged hiking and minority culture visits in the Muli area. Or the asbestos mine at Shimian.
Old Sep 9, 2013, 11:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan
haha thanks everyone. I was able to get ahold of someone from the Chengdu CA office. No free rooms for those traveling on reward tickets.

Flying to xichang to actually going to a village named Dechang, where my dad was born.

All the best,
Jacques
Old Sep 12, 2013, 8:41 am

Programs: HHon Diamond, IHG Plat, SPG Gold, TG Gold, QR Plat, OZ Gold, AF Silver, Hertz #1 Gold, Priority Pass

Dependa how long your layover is, best choice is the Holiday Inn (the one next to the Intercon). It's about 20min drive

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.