Dragon Air vs Thai in Business class HKT-HKG

Old Sep 13, 2013, 8:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: many
Dragon Air vs Thai in Business class HKT-HKG

Hello All,
Sorry, I've not been able to locate any recent reviews except for one on skytrax from 2012 and other threads here from 2011.

We're looking to fly HKT-HKG either on KA213 (looks to be an A321) or TG608 (looks to be an A330) scheduled. Either choice would be in business class. Not a long flight 3.5 hr perhaps. Both are daytime flights. Both look to be recliner style, no idea on the age on either. I've overnighting in HKG, and the KA gets in slightly early so there's more time to go to town, have dinner and drinks, sleep.

We've never flown KA, no idea how any catering or service stacks up on this short run?

Any recommendations for one over the other?
Thanks in advance.
Old Sep 13, 2013, 10:14 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by pcharles
Hello All,
Sorry, I've not been able to locate any recent reviews except for one on skytrax from 2012 and other threads here from 2011.

We're looking to fly HKT-HKG either on KA213 (looks to be an A321) or TG608 (looks to be an A330) scheduled. Either choice would be in business class. Not a long flight 3.5 hr perhaps. Both are daytime flights. Both look to be recliner style, no idea on the age on either. I've overnighting in HKG, and the KA gets in slightly early so there's more time to go to town, have dinner and drinks, sleep.

We've never flown KA, no idea how any catering or service stacks up on this short run?

Any recommendations for one over the other?
Thanks in advance.
TG, no contest.
Old Sep 13, 2013, 10:39 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the suggestion. I enjoy TG but obviously I am completely clueless as to KA.

I even considered routing through BBK to pick up the TG606 flight with F on their 747 for the 2:45hr trek but I really don't want to spend more time in transit. We've enjoyed the FCL and spa at BKK before, the nonstop is just easier.
Old Sep 13, 2013, 10:59 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by pcharles
Thanks for the suggestion. I enjoy TG but obviously I am completely clueless as to KA.

I even considered routing through BBK to pick up the TG606 flight with F on their 747 for the 2:45hr trek but I really don't want to spend more time in transit. We've enjoyed the FCL and spa at BKK before, the nonstop is just easier.
KA arguably has good food....for an AIRPLANE, but it's hard product is mostly tired.
Old Sep 13, 2013, 11:15 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by moondog
KA arguably has good food....for an AIRPLANE, but it's hard product is mostly tired.
Thanks again. That's what it looks like. The pics found online almost look like something from two decades ago. I wasn't even sure if they were real or archive stuff. Not knocking it if it was comfortable, but its a strange look. Something out of a 70's family room.
Old Sep 14, 2013, 3:05 am

Programs: VS Gold, IHG RA/Plat, Marriott Plat
If you can find a KA flight using their A330 fleet, I would go with KA.

But you are comparing different product here, I would go with moondog's suggestion.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.