FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Other Asian, Australian, and South Pacific Airlines (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other-asian-australian-south-pacific-airlines-470/)
-   -   Overnight layover in Chengdu on Air China : Free hotel? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other-asian-australian-south-pacific-airlines/1501286-overnight-layover-chengdu-air-china-free-hotel.html)

jacquesrules Sep 8, 2013 4:40 pm

Overnight layover in Chengdu on Air China : Free hotel?

Hello,
Bought ticket with Aeroplan miles and will be flying Istanbul-Cairo-Guangzhou-Chengdu-Xichang (on Air China for the last two flights), do I qualify for free hotel and meals? Would anyone have an email address or a number I can contact?
Thanks a bunch
Jacques

moondog Sep 8, 2013 7:19 pm

Originally Posted by jacquesrules (Post 21410051)
Hello,
Bought ticket with Aeroplan miles and will be flying Istanbul-Cairo-Guangzhou-Chengdu-Xichang (on Air China for the last two flights), do I qualify for free hotel and meals? Would anyone have an email address or a number I can contact?
Thanks a bunch
Jacques

I would guess not; free hotels on award tickets are no longer especially common. But, even if they do give you hotel, chances are you won't want to stay in it anyway.

l etoile Sep 9, 2013 6:57 am

Please follow this in the Asian carriers forum.

l'etoile
sr. moderator

Chinatrvl Sep 9, 2013 8:12 am

On domestic to domestic certainly not. Are you going to launch a rocket?

moondog Sep 9, 2013 8:24 am

Originally Posted by Chinatrvl (Post 21413077)
On domestic to domestic certainly not. Are you going to launch a rocket?

In spite of the domestic segments, the OP's intin is certainly international. Still, I just don't see it happening. And, like I suggested, CA's hotel choices tend to really suck (e.g. they are fond of the Shanghai Airlines Hotel in Beijing... no thanks!).

jiejie Sep 9, 2013 9:49 am

No way this gets a free hotel in Chengdu. Probably CA wouldn't cough up even on a paid business class ticket!

It is an interesting destination though. Besides the rocket center (unlikely foreigners would be welcome to visit, heh), Xichang is useful as a back door to Lugu Lake then Lijiang. Or into some rugged hiking and minority culture visits in the Muli area. Or the asbestos mine at Shimian. :p

jacquesrules Sep 9, 2013 11:05 am

haha thanks everyone. I was able to get ahold of someone from the Chengdu CA office. No free rooms for those traveling on reward tickets.

Flying to xichang to actually going to a village named Dechang, where my dad was born.

All the best,
Jacques

EzzerBKK Sep 12, 2013 8:41 am

Overnight layover in Chengdu on Air China : Free hotel?

Dependa how long your layover is, best choice is the Holiday Inn (the one next to the Intercon). It's about 20min drive