Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Anyone taken China Eastern Air recently?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2012, 4:40 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
I would also go to town.

Book a hotel near the railway station, where bus #2 ends (it's also easy to take it back to the airport then, plus from the Railway station, you can take a subway to People's square/Bund) - and you get "more bang for the buck" there then in the overpriced other areas like Pudong.
Bus #2 goes to Jing'an Temple, while bus #5 goes to the railway station. Bus #5 is a lot slower than bus #2, due to the fact that it stops in Lujiazui and People's Square en route. Furthermore, Jing'an is a lot nicer than Zhabei.
Old Aug 22, 2012, 6:59 am

Originally Posted by moondog
Bus #2 goes to Jing'an Temple, while bus #5 goes to the railway station. Bus #5 is a lot slower than bus #2, due to the fact that it stops in Lujiazui and People's Square en route. Furthermore, Jing'an is a lot nicer than Zhabei.
Sorry, my bad. Mixed it up. I even shot a picture of the different bus lines, with naming of the stations and map, including the long distance one's to other cities on my last layover in PVG (Got 4 hours to kill so decided I go landside )

Please follow moondog's advice, he's definitely the person to trust on Shanghai ^
Old Aug 22, 2012, 7:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Thanks a lot to you both!! Will do that (and will keep trying my luck re-seat assignments, sigh - clearly not an MU strong point )
Old Oct 18, 2012, 8:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

MU A346

I am confused about Business Class seats for MU A346. I read conflicting reports that they are either angled lie flat or even older cradle seats (like in the 90s). Which one is current?
Old Oct 19, 2012, 2:18 am

Programs: A3 *G, fmr DL PM
Originally Posted by TerryK
I am confused about Business Class seats for MU A346. I read conflicting reports that they are either angled lie flat or even older cradle seats (like in the 90s). Which one is current?
This is not from personal experience, but from looking at pictures and seatmaps on the internet, it looks like F is angled lie flat, while C is the old recliner style seats.
Old Oct 25, 2012, 6:47 pm

Programs: AA: ExPlat & 3MM; UA: 1k; KL: Plat 4 Life; Hyatt: Plat; SPG, Marriott, Hilton: Gold
Originally Posted by fiveninerzero
This is not from personal experience, but from looking at pictures and seatmaps on the internet, it looks like F is angled lie flat, while C is the old recliner style seats.
Any updated info? They are one of the options for JFK-PVG in J. Most other good options (incl non-stop on UA) are sold out
Old Oct 30, 2012, 7:25 pm

Programs: MU Platinum, HH Diamond
By the way according to MU http://www.ceair.com/mu/main/gydh/xw...029_27632.html
(news release 2 days ago, in Chinese)

The last 340-300 (tail number B-2384) is being retired.

It came into service in 1997, and MU had a total of 5 of these aircraft.

Does anyone know which route this was flown on, and what it will be replaced with?
Old Nov 15, 2012, 9:51 am

Programs: LH SEN since 2007
Fra-pvg-fra mu220/219

For those flying from FRA, the A330-200 on this route are already reequipped with the new lie-flat. And I was surprised at the excellent service, really good food and comfort. And I am going again in a few weeks... also because the price is only 2/3 of what LH charges on the same route...
Old Jun 22, 2013, 5:10 pm

Programs: DL PM, IHG Gold, HH Diamond
Lie-Flat PVG-LAX

Anybody have recent experience on this flight? Is PVG-LAX lie flat or is the PVG-SFO lie flat?
Old Jun 22, 2013, 10:40 pm

LAX is recliner, SFO is flat.
Old Jun 27, 2013, 2:04 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold
Quick question, has anyone flown PVG-YVR-SIN or either of those legs recently? How is the Y class on the flight? I have not flown China Eastern before and am flying back to visit family in July. Are the planes the new A33E configuration? How possible is it to buy an upgrade in YVR for business or E+ (if they have E+ on the flight).

Here's my itinerary -

Vancouver (Vancouver Intl.) to Shanghai (PVG) 08/07/13 1:30 AM - 5:05 AM China Eastern Airlines 598
Shanghai (PVG) to Singapore (Changi) 11/07/13 11:55 PM - 5:00 AM China Eastern Airlines 543
Singapore (Changi) to Guangzhou (CAN) 27/07/13 8:00 AM - 11:40 AM China Southern Airlines 352 (This is supposedly an A320... does that sound right for such a flight?! It seems to be a bit of a small plane compared to the widebodies that usually serve these intra-Asia routes)
Guangzhou (CAN) to Vancouver (Vancouver Intl.) 27/07/13 2:00 PM - 10:45 AM China Southern Airlines 329

Last edited by roastpuff; Jun 27, 2013 at 4:37 pm
Old Jun 27, 2013, 4:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
Originally Posted by roastpuff
How possible is it to buy an upgrade in YVR for business or E+ (if they have E+ on the flight).
No E+. Didn't notice selling UGs but you can always ask.

Here's my itinerary -
Guangzhou (CAN) to Vancouver (Vancouver Intl.) 27/07/13 2:00 PM - 10:45 AM China Southern Airlines 329 (This is supposedly an A320... does that sound right for such a flight?! It seems to be a bit of a small plane compared to the widebodies that usually serve these intra-Asia routes)
Pretty sure CZ operates a 330 CAN-YVR.
Old Jun 27, 2013, 4:38 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by YVR Cockroach
No E+. Didn't notice selling UGs but you can always ask.

Here's my itinerary -

Pretty sure CZ operates a 330 CAN-YVR.
Thanks for the info on the upgrades. Any idea if it would be the full fare difference or something cheaper if I ask at the check-in counter?

I messed up on where I put the A320 question... it's on the SIN-CAN leg. It still seems to be a small plane for such a trip.

Also, is seat 69C on an A33E something to be worried about? It's quite far back...
Old Jun 27, 2013, 5:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
Originally Posted by roastpuff
Thanks for the info on the upgrades. Any idea if it would be the full fare difference or something cheaper if I ask at the check-in counter?
Ask at check-in. Yo have nothing to lose. Go early though (when check-in opens).

I messed up on where I put the A320 question... it's on the SIN-CAN leg. It still seems to be a small plane for such a trip.
Not at all. MU operates PVG-KUL and PVG-DPS with those. They can easily operate 1/2 as far again as CAN-SIN.

Also, is seat 69C on an A33E something to be worried about? It's quite far back...
I am guessing MU Y seats start at a high number (the seating charts are out of date as BC starts at row 6).
Old Jun 27, 2013, 5:21 pm

Programs: Spire RA, 1865 Voyager, Bonvoy Titanium, FB LP, LH SEN.
YVR has been anounched as 33E destination. MU does not have E+ at all. Upgrades to business are sold at check-in.

MU eco starts in row 31, hence the high numbers.

CZ does fly 320s on int'l routes to SE-Asia, so yes, CAN-SIN is on narrow-bodies.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.