Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 24, 2013, 7:54 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: coolfish1103
Google doc for China Airlines & Starlux Airlines
- 2017 China Airlines Network
- A document for Tigerair Taiwan (LCC) will soon be made.

Things to note:

Information may not be up-to-date and is only served as advice. It's best for one to call the airline or check the official website. This thread will only cover carriers not having their own forums operated from Taiwan (not China). It's recommended to read some recent discussions in this page or this section of the forum as they might not yet be updated.

Please visit EVA FT forum for information regards to EVA Air.

Miles Buzz

China Airlines (CI) - 中華航空
Subsidiary: Mandarin Airlines (AE) - 華信航空

Fare Family
- China Airlines has followed the steps of EVA Air adopting new fare system where you are charged depending on the booking class you purchase. Have a read: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/othe...y-br-v-ci.html and https://www.china-airlines.com/tw/en...ts/fare-family

Future destinations
- CI plans to operate Seattle from 15JUL24.

Mileage Upgrade no longer applicable to cheap tickets
- From July 2, 2020

You may only upgrade via miles with booking codes Y, B, M, K, Q, T, V for Economy and W, U, A for Premium Economy on all sectors.

Far Eastern Air Transport (FE) - 遠東航空

Ceased operation as of December 13, 2019.

STARLUX Airlines (JX) - 星宇航空

Future destinations
- JX plans to operate Seattle from 17AUG24.

New Lounge at Terminal 2
- First Class Lounge available for First Class passengers only (if not opting for HuanYu Terminal).

Fleet:
13x A321neo
11x A330-900neo (4 currently in service)
10x A350-900 (5 currently in service)

International Airport Gateways
TPE Taipei Taoyuan International Airport - 桃園國際機場
Print Wikipost

Information for Airlines based in Taiwan

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2012, 2:46 pm

Programs: AFFB Silver, BAEC Silver
I need to contact CI reservations but am in Tahiti, anyone knows of an email address I can use ?

Thanks !
Old Oct 23, 2012, 2:42 am

Programs: DL Gold, QF, VA, CI
They don't seem to have an email address, but perhaps you can try contacting their Sydney, Brisbane or Auckland office?

Sydney
Suite 1, level 1, Centre Terrace Building, 10 Arrivals Crt. Sydney International Airport Mascot N.S.W 2020
Tel : 61-2-8339-9188
Fax : 61-2-9693-2096
Reservation Tel : 61-2-8339-9188

Brisbane
BOX 9, LEVEL 1, BRISBANE INT'L TERMINAL, AIRPORT DRIVE, EAGLE FARM QLD 4007, Australia
Tel : 61-7-3860-5611
Fax : 61-7-38605666
Reservation Tel : 1300-668-052

New Zealand Service Agent
Level 6, 52 Swanson Street, Auckland, New Zealand
Tel : 64-9-977 2288
Fax : 64-9-977 2212
Reservation Tel : 64- 9-977 2288

http://www.china-airlines.com/en/about/about-3-5.htm
Old Nov 9, 2012, 8:55 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
A330 on TPE-SIN route from 1 Jan 2013

TransAsia Airways will be flying A330 between TPE-SIN starting 1 Jan 2013.

I have an upcoming flight in Dec/Jan, looks like the flight times have changed.

SIN-TPE
GE 0888
Departure: 0055hrs
Arrival: 0530hrs

TPE-SIN
GE 0887
Departure: 1855hrs
Arrival: 2310hrs

Current booking shows as A320, hope my return flight will be on the new A330.
Old Nov 19, 2012, 4:19 pm

Red face I know nothing

Hi, I'm new to all this so forgive my bambi-like noobness. I have had a look through the google docs file which has kindly been supplied by coolfish, but I can't quite decipher all the information I need...

I'm flying mid December DUB-AMS-BKK and returning early Jan on the same route on CI, Aer Lingus EI (I think that is the correct code) operate the DUB AMS leg.

DUB > AMS is class R EI 604
AMS > BKK is class C business CI 66

BKK < AMS is class J business CI 65
AMS < DUB is class B EI 605

I have just registered with the Dynasty reward program, I didn't quote it when booking as it was an afterthought. I got a good price for the Christmas dates using ITA Matrix.

What I'd like to know if anyone can help is:

1. Which planes for the long haul I'm likley to go on, and will it be the one with business only seats and is it an evil old model I have heard about?

2. What is the best way to actually get my miles from the flight I booked, they don't currently appear in my Dynasty account?

3. I really don't understand all the terminology about the FFP, if I get the miles for this flight will they be available on the SkyTeam scheme and do I apply for that separately? It all seems very confusing for a beginner, here was I thinking studying electronic engineering was hard!

4. I am eligible for lounge access in any of the airports on my journey

5. Is CI as bad as people say?

Many thanks for any help!

~noob
Old Nov 20, 2012, 2:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, AS, CI, DL, UA
You will be on

744 - CI 0066 and
343 - CI 0065

Have them input your card number when you check in at the counter. You might not get any miles if your fare booking class is not applicable for miles. However, both J (130%) and C (125%) in Business will award you miles.

Skyteam does not have a FFP, it's an alliance. You follow the FFP of the program you decide to join. You can be Delta's FFP and credit CI flights to DL FFP for DL miles if the fare code is applicable for miles under DL FFP. When you redeem for awards, you can redeem them via the FFP that you have chosen.

You will be entitled lounge access for CI flights at Amsterdam and Bangkok. I have no idea about EI flights. You already bought the ticket so you can tell yourself after trying out the flight. Basically, you get what you pay for (which is not expensive compare to other airline's Business Class).
Old Nov 21, 2012, 5:03 am

Thanks coolfish!
Old Nov 23, 2012, 11:18 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Dynasty Frequent Flyer (Elite Plus),Accor Platinum
343 is CI065?

I just flew back from Amsterdam through Bangkok and as far as I know they are only using the 747's to Bangkok to and from Amsterdam. I know the website says otherwise but i never fully trust it.
If you have the 747 then you will have a angled lie flat seat. Quite a new product less than 1 year old. While they do have some old versions with the old first class in the fleet unless they have an issue with planes your very unlikely to see the old version. The flights from Amsterdam are only 70 Business seats and Economy for the rest.

If its a 343 which i am pretty sure you wont. Their product is a bit older and while still has PTV's its definitely now days below the expected. Not the cradle seat but not as flat as their long distance A330's or New 747's.

Hope that helps. My personal choice by the way would be to seat at the first 5 rows up front or Upstairs on the 2nd level (rows 6-11) as you likely will get more attention in the smaller sections. The main cabin is a little more busy.

Hope that helps.
Old Nov 23, 2012, 7:39 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tris06
I just flew back from Amsterdam through Bangkok and as far as I know they are only using the 747's to Bangkok to and from Amsterdam. I know the website says otherwise but i never fully trust it.
If you have the 747 then you will have a angled lie flat seat. Quite a new product less than 1 year old. While they do have some old versions with the old first class in the fleet unless they have an issue with planes your very unlikely to see the old version. The flights from Amsterdam are only 70 Business seats and Economy for the rest.

If its a 343 which i am pretty sure you wont. Their product is a bit older and while still has PTV's its definitely now days below the expected. Not the cradle seat but not as flat as their long distance A330's or New 747's.

Hope that helps. My personal choice by the way would be to seat at the first 5 rows up front or Upstairs on the 2nd level (rows 6-11) as you likely will get more attention in the smaller sections. The main cabin is a little more busy.

Hope that helps.
343 will be on Taipei-Bangkok-Amsterdam from January 2013. ghostschance is taking 0066 to Bangkok in Dec. and 0065 back to Amsterdam in Jan. that's why he gets different aircraft. The 744 deployed here will be in Vancouver or Frankfurt.

There are no non-refurbished 744 left so you won't be on old ones unless you are flying SFO/LAX w/74C.
Old Nov 24, 2012, 4:13 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

oh damn

Thats really a shame. Now they upgraded their cabins they then move their better product away. Must be due to loads I think. Though even last time the economy on the way back was almost full.

So now have to use the old A340 product and wait for the A350.. so far away.
Old Nov 25, 2012, 6:42 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Where do you get your info from Cool? I did notice the scheduling on the online website but didn't think anything of it. There was no announcements I saw. I am also waiting to see when they make their decision for long haul plans which is supposed to happen before the end of the year.
Old Dec 2, 2012, 5:08 am
Suspended

Programs: Gold, plat, diamond and more
Just wanted to add my compliments to OP^

Great work@:-)
Old Dec 6, 2012, 7:15 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tris06
Where do you get your info from Cool? I did notice the scheduling on the online website but didn't think anything of it. There was no announcements I saw. I am also waiting to see when they make their decision for long haul plans which is supposed to happen before the end of the year.
I don't think airlines make announcements on everything they adjust.

There are many places one can check, all available online.
Old Dec 7, 2012, 11:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I read on the Chinese newspaper that CI just ordered 6 777-300ERs - I guess they finally decided to reduce the 747 fleet...
Old Dec 8, 2012, 2:10 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by username
I read on the Chinese newspaper that CI just ordered 6 777-300ERs - I guess they finally decided to reduce the 747 fleet...
Apparently it's 6+4 = 10 for 77Ws

Many articles also stated more aircraft orders to come.
Old Dec 27, 2012, 2:49 am

How to seat change upgrades work on CI? Like, how do they determine who gets bumped up when they need to clear up more Y seats?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.