Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 16, 2016, 7:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: elitetraveler
JetSmarter is a membership program that allows members to fly on empty legs of private jets (JetDeals) and seats on scheduled private jet shuttles (JetShuttle).
Print Wikipost

JetSmarter - discussion and experiences

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2018, 4:07 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Nicoolio
Interesting - I guessed Jettly in the other thread -- Wholesale Jet Club I think says 0%, but there is a 3.5% admin fee I believe - but that's been going since last year - A mystery!
Following... This seems interesting. I'm sick of dealing with charter brokers.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 1:40 pm
Suspended

Programs: AMEX Centurion, Inspirato, jetmembership.com, Mandarin Oriental, Hertz Gold Plus
Originally Posted by Jack David Institute
Following... This seems interesting. I'm sick of dealing with charter brokers.
Sorry for the suspense everyone, I was bound by an agreement and asked not to disclose the name of the company. What's fair is fair.

They just sent me and email saying my trial membership is complete and they are now selling to the public.

Well, their name is simple, Jet Membership. www.jetmembership.com

I had a very good experience with them and if their level of service stays as high as it was during my trial, I think it will be something that I will use indefinitely.

Essentially they are offering a new way for us to book whole aircraft charters. Rather than adding on commission like every other private jet charter company, they instead charge me a $250/month subscription and you can sign up directly with the jet operator at no mark up. I had them quote three trips and booked two of them.

In the time of my trial and am happy to report that it saved me more than what I expected.

Turns out, the charter brokers who I usually trusted were giving me fair pricing actually marked up my trips by a MUCH higher rate that I would have expected. I suppose if you're just comparing a few brokers and jetsmarter on a charter and they're all making about a few grand on each trip, the difference doesn't seem much. But when you compare the JS/broker price to the wholesale price that is the actual price that THEY pay, then the difference is substantial.

I will be happy to share exact trip examples with anyone who is interested. This tool is a nice addition to my charter shopping arsenal!
Old Mar 19, 2018, 1:42 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Virtuoso Travel Agent, Commercial Pilot
I'd be very interested in some examples if you're willing to share. Do you know if they partner with European operators as well, or if it is just US?
Old Mar 19, 2018, 3:01 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Amex Platinum, Inspirato, UA Spouse of GS,Amanjunkie,Starwood Platinum,Hyatt Diam
In looking at the jetmembership.com website, some of the operators they list in the scrolling names of companies are ones you can go to directly and obtain quotes (bypassing any charter broker). For example, I have gotten quotes from Mountain Aviation directly in the past. Just want to understand how their model differs from you or I just reaching out to some of the companies directly. Sounds like they may get preferred rates which are even lower?
Old Mar 20, 2018, 7:41 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Sykes
I'd be very interested in some examples if you're willing to share. Do you know if they partner with European operators as well, or if it is just US?
I was curious myself and went ahead with signing up for the free trial. I will be traveling in Europe soon and have booked a trip from Manchester to Bologna. I wanted to compare the prices for the same trip. They were able to offer me a quote through the operator Centreline, a company I haven't heard of based in Bristol. They quoted me a lot cheaper. I am still going to stick with my charter broker for this trip, but will consider them for in the future.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 12:48 pm
Suspended

Programs: AMEX Centurion, Inspirato, jetmembership.com, Mandarin Oriental, Hertz Gold Plus
Originally Posted by Sykes
forbes did a write up of the jetmembership.com company. The journalist saved 7 grand?!

https://www.forbes.com/sites/douggol...rter-charters/
Old Mar 26, 2018, 9:27 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Just got an email saying SMART membership is being discontinued and they will move towards a pay per ticket system at commercial J/F prices.
Old Mar 26, 2018, 10:02 am

Yep I got the same email... It was only a matter of time.
Old Mar 26, 2018, 12:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, Starwood Gold, Hyatt Diamond
It'll be hard to justify paying commercial J/F prices when the schedules are so limited compared to commercial flight. The email said that we can keep our "founders" memberships as well.
Old Mar 26, 2018, 12:41 pm
Suspended

Was just looking at the app - thinking about pulling the trigger -- what's the difference between a Shuttle and VIP Shuttle?

Also, I saw a Member Initiated Shuttle between New York and DC which was first seat free -- I thought there was always a co-pay on a member initiated shuttle as they are trying to offset some of the cost of the charter by selling off seats --

Am I missing something? Thanks! Nico
Old Mar 26, 2018, 12:45 pm

Was just looking at the app - thinking about pulling the trigger -- what's the difference between a Shuttle and VIP Shuttle?

Also, I saw a Member Initiated Shuttle between New York and DC which was first seat free -- I thought there was always a co-pay on a member initiated shuttle as they are trying to offset some of the cost of the charter by selling off seats --

Am I missing something? Thanks! Nico

The difference between a VIP shuttle and a normal shuttle is the VIP shuttle there is a couple less people on the plane so you have some extra room to move around.
The second difference is they give you some free salad/sandwich stuff, other than that no real difference from what I can see.

Regarding free member flights, I can see them on the app all the time I do not know the logic but I see member initiated flights for FREE also jet smarter initiated shuttles for free it just depends on the route and their logic/system.
Old Mar 26, 2018, 6:21 pm
Suspended

Just saw this --

- Free shuttles going away for new members
- No more SMART memberships
- Now $4,950 annual + $3,000 initiation - sounds like the old SIMPLE membership however, pay for all shuttles
- Dynamic pricing - but higher than what current SMART members pay for flights
- Current website pricing not reflective of new pricing for this new membership level
- Unsure what's happening with Sophisticated membership - not a very clear answer

PJCC: Looking at New York to Miami on your website, it shows as free for Shuttle flights. Does that mean that JetShuttles under three hours will still be free with this newer, lower membership as they had been?

"Petrossov: No, nothing (will be) free except some empty leg seats here and there. So no shuttles free."

https://privatejetcardcomparisons.co...ers/#more-9414
Old Mar 26, 2018, 9:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, Wheels Up, Inspirato Pass, Marriott Titanium Elt, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Pres, Ntl P
Just saw this --

- Free shuttles going away for new members
- No more SMART memberships
- Now $4,950 annual + $3,000 initiation - sounds like the old SIMPLE membership however, pay for all shuttles
- Dynamic pricing - but higher than what current SMART members pay for flights
- Current website pricing not reflective of new pricing for this new membership level
- Unsure what's happening with Sophisticated membership - not a very clear answer

PJCC: Looking at New York to Miami on your website, it shows as free for Shuttle flights. Does that mean that JetShuttles under three hours will still be free with this newer, lower membership as they had been?

"Petrossov: No, nothing (will be) free except some empty leg seats here and there. So no shuttles free."

https://privatejetcardcomparisons.co...ers/#more-9414
I wonder what some empty leg seats here and there means. Implication is that empty leg inventory will be dwindling or they'll start charging for those as well?
Old Mar 27, 2018, 8:31 am

I wonder what prices will be NY-S. Fla & other routes. What does dynamic pricing mean?
Old Mar 27, 2018, 11:23 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by luvtoflydal
I wonder what prices will be NY-S. Fla & other routes. What does dynamic pricing mean?
Market rate based on demand - same thing the airlines do - so it could mean different flights, different price - it could also be last seat(s) are more expensive until some point it looks like it will go out empty then the price comes down -

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.