Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Online Travel Booking and Bidding Agencies
Reload this Page >

Should I wait last minute to book?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Should I wait last minute to book?

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2008, 3:18 pm
Original Poster

Angry Should I wait last minute to book?

Does anyone have any experience with booking last minute? I usually never take that route but the prices are ridiculous this year. I need a ticket from ATH-PBI around mid June. Also, any website with a good international flexible fare search (departing from outside the US) would be great. Thanks.
Old May 15, 2008, 4:08 am
Ambassador, New England

Programs: Amtrak, WN RR, Choice
Originally Posted by Greek777
Does anyone have any experience with booking last minute? I usually never take that route but the prices are ridiculous this year. I need a ticket from ATH-PBI around mid June. Also, any website with a good international flexible fare search (departing from outside the US) would be great. Thanks.
Welcome to Flyertalk, Greek777!

While I've never done it myself, it sure seems like it would be VERY high risk to bid an airline ticket at the last minute. Available fares are always higher last minute, which makes me think that priceline fares would jump at least a little bit also. YMMV

I always follow the rule of thumb of seeing what Hotwire has (if they have any opaque flights available, a recent one I looked at for a sibling of mine did not), and trying to beat that. Just make sure if you do it this way that you are looking at beating the TOTAL cost (with taxes/fees), and not just the price of the plane ticket. Sometimes Priceline may charge more fees, thereby eliminating potential savings.

As far as flexible search, I have no idea. Good luck!
Old May 15, 2008, 7:52 am
Suspended

Programs: *wood gold, HHonors silver, United Premier
Kayak will allow you to search from ATH-PBI. It appears that flights may be slightly cheaper into MIA or FLL if those are possibilities. I would not wait until the last minute either. That is just asking for trouble.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.