Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Online Travel Booking and Bidding Agencies
Reload this Page >

The how to make the most of your PL bids thread (ebay anything points to asia miles)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The how to make the most of your PL bids thread (ebay anything points to asia miles)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2005, 3:25 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Gold, AA Plat, Volare Premier, VS Silver, National Emerald Elite, Hertz President Circle
Nothing yet. Where exactly do you guys see this "redeem certificates" link in your account? It's probably not in mine but just double checking I am not being triple dumb here....
Old Jun 15, 2005, 5:51 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by alex69uk
Nothing yet. Where exactly do you guys see this "redeem certificates" link in your account? It's probably not in mine but just double checking I am not being triple dumb here....
It's in the PayPal account under:

"Redeem Gift Certificates and Points" on the left hand side after you log in and view the account.
Old Jun 15, 2005, 5:53 pm
Suspended

Thanks. Will see if this works with UK-based accounts as well. (The difference can be in the paypal UK functionalities).

Edited: hmm, cannot see the redeem gift certificates on my paypal account

perhaps the link appears after the first ones hit the account?
Have you signed up for an Ebays Anything Point account? If UK-based accounts don't qualify, then perhaps a work around is to establish US-based Ebay and Paypal accounts and have a friend/family in the US bid on your behalf and credit your Anythhing Points account.
Old Jun 16, 2005, 9:16 am

Programs: Bonvoy Gold, AA Plat, Volare Premier, VS Silver, National Emerald Elite, Hertz President Circle
Originally Posted by GUWonder
It's in the PayPal account under:

"Redeem Gift Certificates and Points" on the left hand side after you log in and view the account.
Thanks. On the left I have three areas "Activate account" (strange as it's been active for ever - they want me to set up even a direct debit mandate now), "Enhance account" and "What's new". Redeem gift certificates does not appear there.

EDIT: Turns out that I cannot subscribe to ebay anything points and I was wrong to think I had. Only US and CA accounts are ebay-anything-enabled.

I could register with ebay/paypal with a different address but I would need a us CC so looks like I am out of luck here. Thanks.

Last edited by alex69uk; Jun 16, 2005 at 9:19 am
Old Jun 18, 2005, 1:26 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold , National Emerald Exec, Hertz Presidents, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by Motor City
Would it make any sense at all for me to start collecting AMs in this way?
I do book about 10 times a year via PL - usally 3-4 star.
The simple answer is yes and no. Definately collect the anything points. They don't cost anything but the effort to go through the ebay link. DON'T convert to AMs until you have enough for a ticket, because the AMs expire in three years. But you can get AMs from other sources, including starwood points.
Old Jun 18, 2005, 3:27 pm
Suspended

Thanks. On the left I have three areas "Activate account" (strange as it's been active for ever - they want me to set up even a direct debit mandate now), "Enhance account" and "What's new". Redeem gift certificates does not appear there.

EDIT: Turns out that I cannot subscribe to ebay anything points and I was wrong to think I had. Only US and CA accounts are ebay-anything-enabled.

I could register with ebay/paypal with a different address but I would need a us CC so looks like I am out of luck here. Thanks.
There are a few alternatives regarding working around the credit card issue. This also may include using prepaid US-issued mastercards/visas/amex. It would reduce the benefit somewhat. If you need help and have a UK-based paypal account, perhaps someone who has US and/or UK accounts (including multi-currency Paypal accounts) would not mind helping you out.
Old Jul 21, 2005, 9:59 am
Original Poster

Bump b/c people may be helped by this thread due to the ending of the program.
Old Jul 22, 2005, 4:56 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by chobby100
Bump b/c people may be helped by this thread due to the ending of the program.
Very soon hereafter "this game is [going to be] a lot less fun than it used to be."
Old Jul 22, 2005, 4:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
We know when the program itself ends, and when points will expire, but does anyone know when Anything Points for PL bids will end?
Old Aug 11, 2005, 4:01 pm

Programs: Priceline Titanium
Robt 760 just posted that Priceline stopped paying anything points on bids through the portal on July 18.

I have an MBNA Anythingpoints card.

The card will continue to earn points until the November statement, at which point it converts to another proprietary points card (Worldperks, I think)

If you use points.com for conversions, you can convert swap in to anything points until Sept. 30.

You can swap out until Feb '06.

So if you want to do a two step conversion of another currency via Anythingpoints get the points into Anythingpoints by September 30. It could be worth it - for instance, I need 15000 Asia Miles to top off a reward. It would take well over 60K AAdvantage miles in a direct conversion, but only 29612 via Anythingpoints.

This information came from a live chat support session with points.com
Old Aug 11, 2005, 5:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
I had a bunch of missing eBay points post today from bids ~ 7/18 - 7/25.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.