Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Online Travel Booking and Bidding Agencies
Reload this Page >

The how to make the most of your PL bids thread (ebay anything points to asia miles)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The how to make the most of your PL bids thread (ebay anything points to asia miles)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2005, 12:09 pm

chobby100:

I have read this thread and looked at Asia Miles website.
Is this for real, or is it "..too good to by true ....."

They want your ID Card Number and Passport Number when you sign in ..?!?

What exactly is "Asia Miles"? Can somebody please explain. Did anybody redeem an award with them?

Thanks
Old Apr 27, 2005, 12:53 pm
Original Poster

I did not put any info in the id info/passport info. Perhaps a search may yield results on redemption. They seem to partner with many large airlines. Peruse their site.
Old Apr 27, 2005, 8:40 pm

Programs: Subway Punch Card / 8 subs collected to date!
Great Job Chobby!

I would really like to start collecting these but,
I currentley don't have a AM account as most of my miles are earned on "leisure" trips thru NW, CO or DL.

Although I did just open a UA for the upcoming ART trips. ^

Would it make any sense at all for me to start collecting AMs in this way?
I do book about 10 times a year via PL - usally 3-4 star.

Thanks for any advise. Still just a baby in this highly complex world of FT.

Thank you.
MC
Old Apr 27, 2005, 8:44 pm

Programs: AS MVP
Originally Posted by USAFAN
chobby100:
What exactly is "Asia Miles"? Can somebody please explain. Did anybody redeem an award with them?

Thanks
Asia Miles is the frequently flyer program of Cathay Pacific, one of the major airlines in Asia. You can redeem Asia Miles on Cathay Pacific and One World Alliances airlines (i.e. American, British, Qantas, etc). Their award structure is a little different than most American frequent flyer program in the fact that the redeem flights are based on distance traveled instead of zones. Award availability is good if you give them enough notice.
Old Apr 28, 2005, 7:25 am

Originally Posted by flyingstudent
Asia Miles is the frequently flyer program of Cathay Pacific, one of the major airlines in Asia. You can redeem Asia Miles on Cathay Pacific and One World Alliances airlines (i.e. American, British, Qantas, etc). Their award structure is a little different than most American frequent flyer program in the fact that the redeem flights are based on distance traveled instead of zones. Award availability is good if you give them enough notice.
flyingstudent:

Thanks ... I join Asia Miles! Cathay Pacific is as good as it can get ... ^
Old May 11, 2005, 12:31 pm
LGA

Programs: AS; AA; UA; DL; VS; BA; Nat'l Emer. Exec.; AGR
Originally Posted by chobby100
Does anyone know if there is a chart showing exchange rates on points.com? This seems to be illusive (or at least to me).
Some meathead at Points.com decided to get rid of the calculator, so there's no handy way to see different redemption results unless you have accounts with the partners and you've entered your info into your Points.com account. Grrr. This would've been handy when trying to decide whether to xfer to Midwest Airlines. I got a reply from them via e-mail, and I'll stick to the Asia Miles program. Easy and cheap way to get a flight to LGA from DCA for few points.
Old May 11, 2005, 9:40 pm
Original Member

Try the mileage converter located here:

http://www.insideflyer.com/tools/mileage_converter/
Old Jun 9, 2005, 1:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/2MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
So basically it seems like you could earn a free ticket by making frequent low bids on priceline, or am I misunderstanding the whole thing?????
Old Jun 9, 2005, 2:00 pm

Your bids have to be winning bids. You cannot just bid and get Ebay Anything Points if you did not "win" the night via PL.
Old Jun 10, 2005, 3:50 am

Programs: united 1p, usair silver, nz gold, hilton gold, starwood gold
But you wouldn't have to stay at the hotel, etc. so you could do a fantasy
mattress run?
Old Jun 10, 2005, 6:34 am

Yes you could, but this deal is not that great. Basically you earn a good amount of anything points by bidding and winning for 4-star hotels. Those are never that cheap. Of course you earn something on the lower star-level bids as well, but there would have to be a lot of those to get a free transatlantic biz-ticket.
Old Jun 10, 2005, 4:41 pm

Yes, a matress run would be silly in this situation. That would be like you paying me $40 if I give you $15 back.............
Old Jun 12, 2005, 4:50 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Gold, AA Plat, Volare Premier, VS Silver, National Emerald Elite, Hertz President Circle
And I guess it would be equally silly to bid more than once for a multiple day stays as the priceline fees would be more than the miles you get? Has anyone worked this one out?
Old Jun 12, 2005, 5:21 pm
sy7

Originally Posted by alex69uk
And I guess it would be equally silly to bid more than once for a multiple day stays as the priceline fees would be more than the miles you get? Has anyone worked this one out?
Well, if you are bidding 2.5* or higher, the anything points you get will be more than the priceline fee. Usually the fee is <$8 for these bids, and you get $10 or $15 worth of points. Of course, you may end up at a different hotel, and have to switch every night!
Old Jun 13, 2005, 4:31 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Gold, AA Plat, Volare Premier, VS Silver, National Emerald Elite, Hertz President Circle
Thanks. Will see if this works with UK-based accounts as well. (The difference can be in the paypal UK functionalities).

Edited: hmm, cannot see the redeem gift certificates on my paypal account
7) a few days later your paypal account "redeem gift certificates" link should indicate how many Ebay points you have. (Look at the bottom after signed in on paypal for the "Certificates/Points" link and click on it).
perhaps the link appears after the first ones hit the account?

Last edited by alex69uk; Jun 14, 2005 at 3:48 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.