Wiki Posts
Search

Lufthansa, Swiss or Air Canada

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2019, 12:52 am
Original Poster

Lufthansa, Swiss or Air Canada

Hi there,
My family and I (5 people) are planning a trip from Copenhagen to New York in the fall. I have been looking for plane tickets for a while now and here is what I found yesterday:
1) Lufthansa about 1920 euro for the whole family. Found on LHs website
2) Swiss avout 1740 euro on Swiss’ website.
3) Air Canada to NYC with Air Canada
Return with Swiss. 1350 euro. I found this price on a third party site called ticket.no. I have used them before and I have never had any problems. I know that at this price the tickets cannot be changed or money refunded if I wish to cancel. But this goes for the tickets booked directly through the airlines aswell.
Which tickets would you choose - and why?
Thanks,
Tina

Last edited by Tinabis; Feb 10, 2019 at 2:22 am Reason: Price correction
Old Feb 10, 2019, 1:01 am
Original Poster

Price correction

Sorry, the prices were wrong. Lufthansa is around 1920 €, Swiss 1740 € and Air Canada/Swiss 1350 €

Last edited by Tinabis; Feb 10, 2019 at 2:26 am Reason: Misspelling
Old Feb 10, 2019, 1:06 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
I would take the shortest route or travel time. A stop in Canada will be a huge pain. Welcome to FT!
Old Feb 10, 2019, 2:16 am
Original Poster

Thank you Londonelite 😊 Actually, with Air Canada you arrive around 12.45 in the afternoon and do not fly to NYC until early the next morning. But we would not mind spending some time in Toronto, especially the kids would like that
Old Feb 10, 2019, 2:33 am
Original Poster

But - should I worry about Ticket.no cancelling my tickets on a short notice and not offering me alternative tickets?
I suppose if you book directly with the airline they will rebook you on another plane, should they have to cancel your flight
Old Feb 15, 2019, 11:55 pm
Original Poster

Thank you for your helpful comment. I ended up booking yesterday directly with Lufthansa. Changed my dates a bit and found a better deal than the original one. A lot less stressful booking directly than via third-party I must say :-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.