Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Online Travel Booking and Bidding Agencies
Reload this Page >

Priceline bidding price finder [BidPriceCheck]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Priceline bidding price finder [BidPriceCheck]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2013, 8:09 am
Former Company Representative, BidPriceCheck
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lewinr
I use IE because that's what is supported in my company and what is allowed on my PC. Do you think that not enabling me to use your site is defending web standards? All you are really accomplishing is excluding (or even alienating) a huge group of potential customers who dont understand or care what web standard you're talking about.
That's very likely to be true and will be glad to see Micro$oft is going to improve on this. ^
Old Jun 26, 2013, 9:55 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
Originally Posted by coolwulf
It's more important to defend the web standards than reaching more users IMHO...
Your business, your call.
Old Jun 26, 2013, 10:30 am
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
While I am a strong supporter of this product, I have to say it is tough to recommend to friends... many only use IE (and I prefer IE) and are not willing to try Chrome/Firefox.

I truly do think you are limiting your customer base by not having your product work for IE.

Originally Posted by coolwulf
Use Firefox / Chrome and stay away from IE, this is my suggestion
Old Jun 29, 2013, 8:59 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by wharvey
While I am a strong supporter of this product, I have to say it is tough to recommend to friends... many only use IE (and I prefer IE) and are not willing to try Chrome/Firefox.

I truly do think you are limiting your customer base by not having your product work for IE.
We will be working on the compatibility with IE
Old Jun 30, 2013, 8:26 am

While I am a strong supporter of this product
wharvey, around a month ago I asked for any users' impressions on this product, but got no feedback. You say you support it, can you tell us something about how well it works in your experience. Is it worth paying for? Are there any problems or caveats?

Thanks
Old Jun 30, 2013, 8:34 am

I have used versions of this service ever since it was introduced. I appreciate this latest version because it is almost instantaneous in giving you results.

I have "compared" the results with what the other sites say I should expect to get a hotel for and have yet to find this service "wrong". So, I do recommend the service.

I do wish the online tool was a bit more robust. For example, if I say I want a hotel July 7 - July 10 in Atlanta Zone 1, I wish it would tell me the winning bid for all stars in one request. If a 5 star was only $10 more than the 4 star I was planning, I might upgrade if I knew that. I am not going to put in several requests to get that info.

Heck, I wish the service went further.... and showed all zones/all stars if I made a request.

wharvey, around a month ago I asked for any users' impressions on this product, but got no feedback. You say you support it, can you tell us something about how well it works in your experience. Is it worth paying for? Are there any problems or caveats?

Thanks
Old Jun 30, 2013, 10:10 am

Of course, I posted that and now I cannot get into the service... hhhmmmm.

Will not accept my ID and password and it will not allow me to reset my password.
Old Jun 30, 2013, 8:33 pm
Original Poster

Of course, I posted that and now I cannot get into the service... hhhmmmm.

Will not accept my ID and password and it will not allow me to reset my password.
I believe the issue has been resolved.
Old Jul 2, 2013, 7:46 am
Original Poster

Reminder

Priceline now has a 5% coupon code ("SUMMER") for express deal and "Name your own price" bidding service. We have confirmed that using this code will not raise your minimum bidding price. So when you bid a hotel, don't forget to get this extra 5% off. Together with the 5% cash back from Fatwallet/Ebates, you could save additional 10% through bidding a hotel.
Old Jul 3, 2013, 9:58 pm

Programs: ba miles
Hi plongs3 would love 3 extra points please,
cheers
Old Jul 3, 2013, 10:56 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by plongs3
Hi plongs3 would love 3 extra points please,
cheers
Sorry. Currently the free points promotion has ended. But we will occasionaly give free points on Facebook.
Old Jul 6, 2013, 11:02 pm

very nice service, thanks for making this.
Old Jul 8, 2013, 4:10 am

Hi, I setup accounts, bought points and submitted an inquiry to get a bidding price.

It replied that I should expect an email.

A few hours passed and I still not recieve any email. When I click on "history" I get a blank page.

Please help. My username there is lewinr.

Thanks
Old Jul 8, 2013, 9:24 am
Original Poster

Hi, I setup accounts, bought points and submitted an inquiry to get a bidding price.

It replied that I should expect an email.

A few hours passed and I still not recieve any email. When I click on "history" I get a blank page.

Please help. My username there is lewinr.

Thanks
I believe the issue is solved. Thank you for using our service.
Old Jul 9, 2013, 10:59 am

although the site only has 80 fb fans, would like to try it by myself.
username: hitec

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.