Community
Wiki Posts
Search

xONE pricing up

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2009, 11:33 pm

Programs: AA Now dirt, BA Silver soon dirt EX NW IGE. EX BA Gold EX AA EXP x9. SQ Gold
Pehaps should be moved to Star Alliance forum
Old May 14, 2009, 3:34 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
I'll leave the thread open but please no more discussion about other fares. There are other forums for those discussions - eg *A, MR Deals, etc.

Kiwi Flyer
OW moderator
Old May 16, 2009, 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by moa999
This is a oneworld forum, the thread is on xONEx's, the last few posts are going off-topic
Which forum would be the correct place to compare fares from different programs, then?
Old May 16, 2009, 12:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
I'll leave the thread open but please no more discussion about other fares. There are other forums for those discussions - eg *A, MR Deals, etc.

Kiwi Flyer
OW moderator
Kiwi, is there a thread for comparing RTW products?
Old May 16, 2009, 2:26 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Not in one place. Various comments in a number of threads.

I've started this thread.
Old May 17, 2009, 8:10 am

Programs: AA Now dirt, BA Silver soon dirt EX NW IGE. EX BA Gold EX AA EXP x9. SQ Gold
Revenue traffic down, J class prices down RTW price up?

Passenger traffic was reported down 12% in Europe and SQ has 62% load factors.

There are many first class seats not occupied. Why now raise RTW fares?

Airlines can control the inventory to limit how many of us fly at one time. Is it not better to fill up a few seats and make a few dollars by selling RTW tickets? They control the yield!

The RTW tickets are the only commodity I have observed that has increased in price lately. Business traffic is down fuel prices are down and there is excess capacity???

(What is the brain trust running the airlines thinking?? How to merge and loose more money??)
Old May 25, 2009, 7:28 pm

NOW QF IS DUMPING FIRST CLASS! THESE GUYS HAVE SUCEDDED IN PRICING THEMSELVES OUT OF THE MARKET!!!
http://news.airwise.com/story/view/1243249479.html
Old May 25, 2009, 8:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 2old4coach
NOW QF IS DUMPING FIRST CLASS! THESE GUYS HAVE SUCEDDED IN PRICING THEMSELVES OUT OF THE MARKET!!!
http://news.airwise.com/story/view/1243249479.html
Not true. QF are dropping F on some routes for a peroid of time. If F returns in Oct when they say remains to be seen.
QF are not the first airline to drop F routes
Old May 25, 2009, 9:51 pm

Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
Not true. QF are dropping F on some routes for a peroid of time. If F returns in Oct when they say remains to be seen.
QF are not the first airline to drop F routes
I am Happy to hear I am wrong!
I was quite disappointed with the dropping of F to SFO from SYD.

I was one the line to a friend in OA who follows QF gossip, His read was that the Exc. board was bickering about the justification of the new F product on the 747. The board does not want to spend the money on the older 747's in the fleet. They do not want to introduce a mixed fleet of old and new. Since F revenue is down anyway this gives them more time to come up with a uniform product for the entire fleet.
Is that you read too???
I did not know the Deletion of F was a seasonal adjustment.
Old May 26, 2009, 1:01 am
SLF

Programs: Various
So what are QF doing with the extra F capacity they gain? Which routes is it going on? And where did the non-F aircraft come from? Or are they just looking to park some aircraft for a while?
Old May 26, 2009, 1:51 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by SLF
So what are QF doing with the extra F capacity they gain? Which routes is it going on? And where did the non-F aircraft come from? Or are they just looking to park some aircraft for a while?
QF is maintaining F on SYD-LHR flights (via BKK and HKG). It is also maintaining F on SYD-LAX.

QF has always had some non F 744s - commonly used on SYD-SIN-FRA. These are now having PE installed.
Old May 26, 2009, 1:56 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Some lucky business class pax will get a nicer seat on flights they are not selling F

Not much different to when an a/c with F seats is substituted on other routes that don't sell F.
Old May 26, 2009, 2:02 am

Programs: QFF
Originally Posted by SLF
They are dropping F from 3 routes (QF29/30 MEL-HKG-LHR, QF17/18 SYD-EZE and QF73/74 SYD-SFO) for a few months. I would assume they are either flying the F cabins empty or selling them as J.
Old May 28, 2009, 8:25 am

How Do You Know Cheapest Country to Originate Easily?

Originally Posted by og
Hello New Zealand and Taiwan!
How do you guys know cheapest country to originate so quickly? Just trial & error? Someone used to have that Excel planning tool with currencies.
I had been thinking of doing DON03/04 ex-ICN -- you snooze, you lose!
Old May 28, 2009, 8:40 am
Moderator, OneWorld

Programs: RAA RIP; AA ExEXP
Originally Posted by MiamiPrep
How do you guys know cheapest country to originate so quickly? Just trial & error? Someone used to have that Excel planning tool with currencies.
I had been thinking of doing DON03/04 ex-ICN -- you snooze, you lose!
http://www.oneworld.com/ow/air-trave...#fare-estimate
http://www.oanda.com/convert/classic

Enjoy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.