FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   oneworld (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/oneworld-411/)
-   -   xONE pricing up (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/oneworld/949737-xone-pricing-up.html)

moa999 May 2, 2009 12:14 am

xONE pricing up

Report on AFF suggests pricing has been increased.

Viewable on oneworld site -- http://www.oneworld.com/ow/air-trave...reEstimateForm
Australia, Korea and Pakistan look up on my quick spot checking

Unbelievable as regular airfares crash.

Also new rule sheet (dated 30 April)

tt7 May 2, 2009 12:29 am

DONE4 ex-ICN now Krw 10,165,200 = US$8,000, up from Krw 6,099,200.

Presumably, there will now be an enormous market for cheap, one-way flights ex-ICN :)

Gatwick Alan May 2, 2009 1:23 am

The prices for the U.K appear to have gone down, a pound under 4K for a DONE3, this is now £1300 cheaper than the equivalent on *A, i know who i will be flying with next winter.

Mwenenzi May 2, 2009 2:07 am

From the AFF thread (ex Qantas) post 11

Oneworld / Global Fares Update 01 May 2009
With reference to the recent Oneworld and Global Fares update, existing bookings created on/before 30 April 2009, may be ticketed on QF-081 stock only at existing levels up to/including Friday 15 May 2009.
Effective immediately, the advised amendments will be applicable to the following Oneworld / Global Explorer fares:

Oneworld Explorer Fares (AONE*/ DONE*/ L#ONE*)
- Increases to ex Australia First/Business Class fares
- Increases to various ex Asia fare levels
- Fares introduced ex Falkland Islands
- Seasonality removed ex Australia, new year-round fares now set at former High season levels
- Premium Economy Class surcharges increased, and USD removed as a surcharge currency
- Tran States removed as an American Airlines affiliate
- Libya added to "Europe/Middle East" continent group (was previously Africa)
- Flight Application (paragraph 4.H) adjusted - "no more than 2 of the free flight segments within Europe/Middle East can be between UK and Libya"
- Refunds rule updated with new note regarding refunds for tickets sold in Venezuela

Global Explorer Fares (AGLOB34/ DGLOB34/ L#GLOB**)
- Libya added to "Europe/Middle East" region (was previously Africa)
- Seasonality removed ex Australia, new year-round fares now set at former High season levels
- Premium Economy Class surcharges increased, and USD removed as a surcharge currency
- Refunds rule updated with new note regarding refunds for tickets sold in Venezuela

Oneworld Circle Pacific Explorer Fares (ACIR**/ DCIR**/ LCIR**--)
- Premium Economy Class surcharges increased, and USD/GBP removed as surcharge currencies

Oneworld Circle Trip Explorer Fares (AONEWC*/ DONEWC*/ L#ONEWC*)
- Libya added to "Europe/Middle East" continent group (was previously Africa)
- Flight Application (paragraph 4.H) adjusted - "no more than 2 of the free flight segments within Europe/Middle East can be between UK and Libya"
Oneworld Circle Asia and South West Pacific Explorer Fares (AAS**/ DAS**/ LAS**)

Dr. HFH May 2, 2009 4:19 am

Ex-South Africa AONE4 now more than USD$2,000 less than ex-South Korea AONE3. Also about USD$1,500 cheaper than ex-MRU.

So, for the second time in a few months, I'm left having to get myself from the end of one RTW to the start of the next, -- this time from ICN to JNB, exactly the reverse of what I just did.

og May 2, 2009 7:39 am

Hello New Zealand and Taiwan!

3544quebec May 2, 2009 8:19 am

Fares now available ex-Falkland Islands - good to see Oneworld is looking at the bigger picture and resolving critical issues :p No offence meant to any Falkland Islanders/Residentes das Islas Malvinas

The Libya change is sensible and a long time coming

Dr. HFH May 2, 2009 9:21 am

Originally Posted by og (Post 11681906)
Hello New Zealand and Taiwan!

I don't get it. An AONE3 ex- either of these is more expensive than an AONE4 ex-South Africa.

ageofenlightenment May 2, 2009 11:59 am

Originally Posted by 3544quebec (Post 11682043)
The Libya change is sensible and a long time coming

Indeed. But the pricing is crazy for a port like this:

DONEWC3 GBP 4,556
AONEWC3 GBP 8,222

Makes MRU significantly cheaper and alot easier to get to / from. Ho hum, for those halcyon days...

Dr. HFH May 2, 2009 1:28 pm

Originally Posted by moa999 (Post 11681142)
Unbelievable as regular airfares crash.

I disagree. This was one of the best bargains in the sky. As I've said in other posts, I absolutely cannot figure out how they made money on my typical AONE3, coming in around USD$6K++. I'm surprised that the fares stayed as low as they did for as long as they did.

Even after this most recent increase, it's still a bargain. Even assuming no attempts to maximize mileage, an itinerary like JNB-HKG-LAX-DFW-BOS-LAX-LHR-JNB for USD$8K in F? Try pricing, say, JFK-LHR-JFK in F and see what it costs. AA.com is telling me that it will be nearly USD$9K.

og May 2, 2009 10:43 pm

Originally Posted by Dr. HFH (Post 11682297)
I don't get it. An AONE3 ex- either of these is more expensive than an AONE4 ex-South Africa.

Sorry, I was looking at DONE4 (not AONEx) for NZ and taiwan.

ACN Consultant May 3, 2009 9:51 pm

also pricing errors

ex-Sri Lanka LONE5 shows as 43,300 so there must be a zero missing

under the clocks May 3, 2009 11:04 pm

Originally Posted by ACN Consultant (Post 11689337)
ex-Sri Lanka LONE5 shows as 43,300 so there must be a zero missing

Dummy booking ex Colombo prices out in the 450,000 rupee range, so it is only an error in the listed pricing, not a system wide error:td:

boar May 4, 2009 2:29 am

Very unsporting of them not to give us some advance warning.

Is Poland now the cheapest country for a DONE 4/5 after South Africa?

zoombee May 4, 2009 4:34 am

Originally Posted by boar (Post 11689913)
Is Poland now the cheapest country for a DONE 4/5 after South Africa?

Arguably it's cheaper; many consider SA DONEx to "need" one extra continent when comparing with an ex EU/Asia DONEx.