Community
Wiki Posts
Search

oneworld xONEx online booking tool [merged threads]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2008, 9:16 pm
Suspended

Programs: None any more
Hopefully not until they've addressed all the points we raised above!

(I have a suspicion that they hadn't thought of a few of them, and some may be decidedly non-trivial to fix.)

And, I fear, when the prices have been increased - I'm locking in my AONE3s for the next 9 months tomorrow.
Old Jul 21, 2008, 9:26 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by LHSEN
Anyone when this tool will be available ... ?
Just wondering the same thing myself!

Sorry, hadn't seen the above post.
Old Jul 21, 2008, 10:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
My guess is just after the price increase...
Old Jul 22, 2008, 3:17 am
Suspended

oneworld4u,

One more to add to the list of requirements for this to be useful.

You really have to find a way for all the airlines on an itinerary to have one single ticketing deadline and sticking to it. I am having terrible trouble getting CX to hold reservations open long enough for AA to go through the ticket rating and issuing process. Everybody is blaming everyone else for unco-ordinated ticketing deadlines and computer-generated auto-cancels. every time CX auto-cancels AA has to restart their rating process - the AA RTW desk, the rating desk and the ticket issuing office are on 3 different timezones (Dallas, Dublin, Manila) so this takes longer than CX's computers seem prepared to hold the reservation for.

Frankly I think it is CX's completely over-the-top yield management environment which is primarily to blame, but in any case so sort of co-ordinated ticketing deadline is also absolutely crucial to any sort of online tool.
Old Jul 22, 2008, 9:16 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by christep

Frankly I think it is CX's completely over-the-top yield management environment which is primarily to blame, but in any case so sort of co-ordinated ticketing deadline is also absolutely crucial to any sort of online tool.
I think other than this ticket deadline issue CX's yield management is not over the top. I think it is neccesary given the amount of dummy bookings Asian TAs are famous for.
Old Jul 22, 2008, 9:44 am
Suspended

Well OK, but when they have the passenger (a CX Gold member) on the phone personally explaining in great detail what is going on, exactly where the ticket will be issued and when (and why it can't be issued any sooner) then the supervisor of the ticketing desk really ought to have the authority to be able to override any date that the computer happens arbitrarily to impose. I wasn't asking them to hold it for weeks - just for 48 hours!

As it transpires, the very helpful AA GSA in Hong Kong (who is getting nothing from all of this) got on the phone and managed to persuade CX to hold it, but it cost me a couple of hours and a lot of stress to get to that point.

AA have been wonderful in all this - CX are a nightmare unless you are a Diamond member.
Old Jul 22, 2008, 10:32 pm
Suspended

Well OK, but when they have the passenger (a CX Gold member) on the phone personally explaining in great detail what is going on, exactly where the ticket will be issued and when (and why it can't be issued any sooner) then the supervisor of the ticketing desk really ought to have the authority to be able to override any date that the computer happens arbitrarily to impose. I wasn't asking them to hold it for weeks - just for 48 hours!

As it transpires, the very helpful AA GSA in Hong Kong (who is getting nothing from all of this) got on the phone and managed to persuade CX to hold it, but it cost me a couple of hours and a lot of stress to get to that point.

AA have been wonderful in all this - CX are a nightmare unless you are a Diamond member.

I actually have the same problem with AA where they would not extend the ticket deadline and it took a number of attempts and calling different GSA and AA RTW desk in DFW to extend as well.

I find in these situation you just have to hang up and call again for another agent.

They definitely can override the system, even as a NB you can as I've seen my TA done this before. Of course it is important as to who you need to speak to. You prob got a bad agent/supervisor on the day.

Also I think CX is one of the few airlines that allow FFP to make reservations just on the phone without going through the reservations/ticketing, hence the inventory can be open up for abused a lot more than say QF and BA which I know that there is no way will they allow you just to call their member hotline to make revenue booking. When I used CX to issue my DONE4 in the past I just call the toll free number and build my itineary from scratch (this is from when I was a SL). This is definitely really helpful as I almost change the itineary 20+ times before ticketing and all the overseas call does add up (as I don't have access to VOIP).

I heard on BA you can't even do ASR if they didn't make the booking for you and then there is the additional charge by calling them.

Time for you to ramp up a few more D/AONE4 to get back up to DM!
Old Aug 19, 2008, 1:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

As there seems little progress with the online tool, I've unstickied this thread. When it arrives, we can pop it back and in the meantime there is a link in the FAQ

Swanhunter
Mod in Training, OneWorld
Old Sep 4, 2008, 2:26 pm

Programs: BA Gold Lifetime, AA 2M, Delta 2M, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Club, EK Platinum
Online RTW Ticketing - When?

I saw an article that said OneWorld was going to provide on-line RTW ticketing in the next few months. Anyone have any idea if and when this might happen?
Old Sep 4, 2008, 5:39 pm

Programs: QF Gold LTG (ow Saph), HHon Silver, Marriot Gold
I don't recall a deadline/ target ever being set.
Old Sep 4, 2008, 6:18 pm
Suspended

There was a discussion in this forum in which RTW regulars raised a whole heap of questions, some of which were fairly fundamental, and which I guess OW hadn't even thought about, so it seems like there will be a delay whilst they go and sort some of them out.

You do wonder why they didn't talk to some customers before they made a big announcement though!
Old Sep 4, 2008, 6:33 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
There was a discussion in this forum
Discussion merged.

Kiwi Flyer
OW moderator
Old Sep 5, 2008, 2:31 am

me too I can't wait to see the booking tool as I would be using it to book a LONE4 starting in January.
like this I have been following everything oneworld said about it and in this message they said:
oneworld is set to be the first in the travel industry to sell multi-airline round-the-world air fares on-line when it activates its on-line booking tool for oneworld Explorer in the coming weeks.
this was on august 12th so I guess we might not be too far away from the release but still, "the coming weeks" is pretty unprecise.at least it appears to be a shorter span of time than "the next few months" as they announced it on june 2nd.
Old Sep 5, 2008, 4:39 am

Programs: AA PPro
Originally Posted by svellmann
this was on august 12th so I guess we might not be too far away from the release but still, "the coming weeks" is pretty unprecise.at least it appears to be a shorter span of time than "the next few months" as they announced it on june 2nd.
Given we're getting no communications with any meaningful information on what driving a release date and any delays - everything is highly speculative. On a potentially rather complicated tech product roll-out from a large organisation, I think it's best to just hope it'll arrive in a decent state eventually and otherwise just move along until oneworld release some concrete info on dates.
Old Sep 5, 2008, 9:41 am

Programs: Starwood, SQ PPS, BA EXEC
The price you pay will be governed by the billing country of your credit card

Agreed with Zoombe on not getting to excited to you see it, but one drawback for those potential users that like to by off shore will be pricing. I would be very surprised if they allow a flyer in the U.S. , which they can identify by using a U.S. credit card with a U.S. address, to pay the BKK originated fare, as an example

I would expect that the only way you will get the BKK fare or the local fare of the country where travel originates is by paying with a card billed in that country with a local billing address. Otherwise, they will likely raise the fare level to pricing for the country where the credit card is billed to. THis is what is done when calling the AA RTW Desk

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.