Community
Wiki Posts
Search

oneworld xONEx online booking tool [merged threads]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2011, 9:01 pm

Programs: QFF NB, AA GLD
Originally Posted by Irish lad
Does anyone know if it is possible to book an AONEx more than 8 days out online (to comply with the booking tool restrictions) and then move the starting date to within the next few days? I'm considering doing a trip, but might want to start it over the Easter break. Thanks.
Should not be an issue, unless you intend starting in the Americas (TC1). See the relevant rule 16(a)(1)(a). You would have to contact either the airline that issued the ticket, or the carrier on the first segment to make the change.
(a) Rebooking/Rerouting
(1) Prior to departure
(a) Changes to date/time/oneworld carrier/inventory changes are permitted provided ticketed points remain the same. If the first flight coupon is being changed, and the fare level has increased since ticket issuance, the difference between the old and new fare will be charged. If the fare level has decreased since ticket issuance, no refund will apply.

Exception: For fares originating in TC1, changes to the first international flight and preceeding flights are not permitted less than seven days prior to the date of the first ticketed flight.
Old Apr 22, 2011, 12:30 pm

Programs: Seniors Bus Pass, lots of old plastic claiming to be precious metal
Originally Posted by tt7
I think the 12 month validity of the ticket runs from the date of the first flight and not from when the ticket is issued but perhaps others can confirm that (as I've never done a ticket that I wanted to go for more than 12 months out from when it was originally issued).
Have just seen this question, and Wasabi Tofu has already confirmed that this is indeed the case.

I just wanted to add that anyone planning this should be prepared for quite a bit of hassle from some OW carriers in the rare case of using a paper ticket. Check-in staff see so few paper tickets that one of them that might be out-of-date can definitely pose problems. A little over a year ago, I resumed an RTW after a long break holding a paper ticket for a 20-segment AONE5 out of CPT. My experiences were quite educational.

CX kept me standing around for about 30 minutes at the F check-in in HKG whilst they checked with AA. (For those who don't know, this is a lectern-style check-in.) I was literally left standing there for all that time, and there were no seats whatsoever. Hardly F treatment when I should have been in the Wing enjoying myself. There were similar problems with BA in GVA, and, in NRT, JL staff even come into F on the a/c with questions and met me on arrival in HKG because of it. To give them their due, neither QF nor AA batted an eyelid, and other BA & CX flights were OK, except that at BKK CX triple checked the taxes but never questioned the date.

Just to fill in, the ticket had an issue date in April 2008 & I was flying in Jan & Feb 2010. Perfectly legal by the rules, as my initial flight out of CPT was 28 Feb 2009, but the hand-written (by Cindy Jacobus) ticket appeared to be a bit long in the tooth to many people.
Old Apr 23, 2011, 7:18 am

Programs: QF Gold LTG (ow Saph), HHon Silver, Marriot Gold
What am I doing wrong

IGNORE - personal stupidity on booking tool

Last edited by moa999; Apr 23, 2011 at 7:38 am
Old Jun 11, 2011, 10:55 am

Is the booking tool working for other people or has the URL changed in the last few months?

I'm going to https://oneworldrtw.innosked.com/ and only getting some sort of Lufthansa Miles & More-map with what looks like Lufthansas destinations that you can hover over but not click?
Old Jun 11, 2011, 11:31 am

Programs: AA Gold ,BA, SPG
Is the booking tool working for other people or has the URL changed in the last few months?
Try this link: http://www.oneworld.com/ow/flight-in...your-itinerary.

Clicking on "Plan and Book Your Itinerary" will bring up the tool you're looking for.
Old Jun 13, 2011, 11:19 pm

Originally Posted by Ceiba
Try this link: http://www.oneworld.com/ow/flight-in...your-itinerary.

Clicking on "Plan and Book Your Itinerary" will bring up the tool you're looking for.
Looks like the problem is running it with Google Chrome - the javascript event its hooked to doesnt work, and just copypasting the link throws me into the Lufthansa tool. Works ok with Firefox, at least.
Old Oct 17, 2012, 8:44 pm

Sorry to dredge up a relatively old thread...

I'm trying to use the online booking tool for a DONEx. Booking US domestic sectors, the online tool is correctly showing availability in A class on 2-class AA flights using AA flight codes, but in D class if I want to book the QF codeshares on the same flights. Is this right, or is it supposed to book in A class regardless of the code on the flight?

thanks!
Old Oct 17, 2012, 9:26 pm

Programs: QFF
Originally Posted by cpShawnie
Sorry to dredge up a relatively old thread...

I'm trying to use the online booking tool for a DONEx. Booking US domestic sectors, the online tool is correctly showing availability in A class on 2-class AA flights using AA flight codes, but in D class if I want to book the QF codeshares on the same flights. Is this right, or is it supposed to book in A class regardless of the code on the flight?

thanks!
That is right. The rules say on AA flights within North America where D is not offered book into A. A QF coded AA flight is a QF flight, not a AA flight.
Old Oct 18, 2012, 12:00 am

Thanks for the info Himeno, but I'm not sure your reading of the rules is correct. The xONEx fare rule reads:

NOTE: For flights where First or Business Class is not offered or available, passengers may travel in a lower Class, in the applicable booking code for that lower Class. The fare for the highest Class used applies, without compensation.

Exception - for services within the USA where no Business Class is offered, Business Class passengers may book and travel in First Class (Booking Code "A"), subject to availability. This provision does not apply on any flight where Business Class exists but is unavailable for booking
The rule doesn't actually restrict this to AA flights, just flights within the USA where no Business class is offered.

Do you (or anyone else) have first hand experience of how this would be ticketed using QF codeshares for flights within USA?
Old Oct 18, 2012, 1:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Qantas generally don't make A class available for their AA metal codeshare flights when booking DONE's.
Old Oct 18, 2012, 10:10 pm

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by cpShawnie
The rule doesn't actually restrict this to AA flights, just flights within the USA where no Business class is offered.
If D is available to book, then J is "technically" offered. AFAIK, you will then seat in the F cabin as a QF D TKT holder, if J cabin doesn't actually exist. For mileage earning purposes, however, it will be treated as Business class instead of First class when you book with AA.
Old May 11, 2013, 5:53 pm

Programs: Starwood, SQ PPS, BA EXEC
TICKET NOT ISSUED? Phone number for OW?

I have used the OW booking tool for the past few years ...no problems...received e-tkt, flew...all great.

I have an RTW trip in 3 weeks, used the booking tool, but have hit BIG PROBLEM.

The OW site found the flights, locked in the fare (origin in Tokyo) gave me a locator and told me I would receive the e-tkt confirmation from American. Have done it many times before and that is what is expected.

This time, it has been a week and no e-tkt. I call American ( I am EXEC PLAT) and we have been going in a circle for a week. AA EXEC PLAT are nice but have no idea how this works or how the booking was even created. They keep referring me to the Around the World desk that says they can solve this by charging me the U.S. fare which is about 3K more for my itinerary.American says the reservation is there but the fare is not being stored to allow the system to auto ticket it, but they don't have the authority to fix it. It has to be fixed by OW but there is no contact #/support # or info for OW. There is the contact us section but it is useless..Never any response

So has anyone else encountered this and is there a solution?
Old May 12, 2013, 1:24 pm

Originally Posted by thetravelguy
I have used the OW booking tool for the past few years ...no problems...received e-tkt, flew...all great.

I have an RTW trip in 3 weeks, used the booking tool, but have hit BIG PROBLEM.

The OW site found the flights, locked in the fare (origin in Tokyo) gave me a locator and told me I would receive the e-tkt confirmation from American. Have done it many times before and that is what is expected.

This time, it has been a week and no e-tkt. I call American ( I am EXEC PLAT) and we have been going in a circle for a week. AA EXEC PLAT are nice but have no idea how this works or how the booking was even created. They keep referring me to the Around the World desk that says they can solve this by charging me the U.S. fare which is about 3K more for my itinerary.American says the reservation is there but the fare is not being stored to allow the system to auto ticket it, but they don't have the authority to fix it. It has to be fixed by OW but there is no contact #/support # or info for OW. There is the contact us section but it is useless..Never any response

So has anyone else encountered this and is there a solution?
At this point I would be trying to find an AA GSA (or AA facility) in Japan with whom I could speak. My recent experience was with an "AA" facility in CPT that responded brilliantly - at least the equal of the oft-lauded RTW desk at DFW - and, when the rate desk had taken too long to respond, an agent there did the fare calculation (though my trip was purposely trivial), took my c/c information, and completed ticketing.

Last edited by JohnAx; May 12, 2013 at 1:26 pm Reason: addition

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.