Wiki Posts
Search

Questions on DONE5

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2008, 6:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT
Originally Posted by Viajero
I haven't, but if all that is needed to get the eTicket you want is a few dummy dates, right or wrong, why not go for it?

By the way, for the benefit of newcomers, I want to correct an error in the agent's response, probably due to haste:

"as long as the routing, class and airline remains the same"

The "airline" part is incorrect.
Didn't think I could do dummy dates for DFW-ANC until the season becomes bookable. AA Around the World desk is looking into this issue right now.
Old Mar 13, 2008, 7:07 am
Original Poster

AA RTW Desk says e-ticket possible. I put everyone on a conference call and they advised AA CPT to contact the ticketing helpdesk (in Dublin), but I am not convinced I'll be able to e-ticket this yet...
Old Mar 13, 2008, 7:24 am
Original Poster

Response from Dublin:
Code:
97.H-I HAVE SEEN AGENCIES BEING ABLE TO ISSUE ETKTS WITH      
 98.H-OPEN SEGMENTS                                            
 99.H-HOWEVER IT IS NOT POSSIBLE TO ISSUE ETKTS WITH           
100.H-OPEN SEGMENT S AT LEAST IN OUR SYSTEM                    
101.H-SO IT WILL ALWAYS COME OUT AS PAPER                      
102.H-HOWEVER IT IS NO PROBLEM TO BOOK ALL FLIGHTS             
103.H-CONFIRMED ISSUE TICKETS AND CANCEL SPECIFIC FLIGHTS           
104.H-WHICH THE PAX WANTS TO LEAVE OPEN                        
105.H-WITH REGARDS/DUBTRF/DANA/13MAR08/AA
Sounds like if we want DFW-ANC then it will have to be paper tickets, in which case, I might as well get all 20 segments instead of just 16 just to be sure in case the rules change.
Old Mar 13, 2008, 8:18 am
Original Poster

Everyone is now agreeing that because of DFW-ANC is not yet open for booking, this itinerary cannot be issued as an e-ticket.

So our options now:
  1. Remove ANC, issue ticket with 16 e-ticket segments, wait until the first 4 segments are flown (sometime in late Jan/early Feb 2009), then add ANC and reissue still as an e-ticket.
  2. Leave as a 16 segment, machine printed paper ticket, which will allow us to confirm ANC as soon as it's bookable (Nov 2008?). Advantage of this is that the image of the ticket is in the system which enables ticket offices to see it. However, we still need to physically bring the ticket to an office for re-issue.
  3. Book the full 20 segments now, hand written paper ticket. Will take hours to get issued now, will make re-issue fairly painful. However, no worry about possible reduction of xONEx to 16 segments. Small possibility that no reissue is needed.
Are my assumptions correct? If so, I think right now I am leaning towards the first option, just because of the e-tickets.

Any suggestions or comments?
Old Mar 13, 2008, 8:21 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Viajero
... to book an ANC flight out of season I had to go through loops, and the supervisor made all kind of "if anything happens you are on your own" type of notes on the PNR.
Viajero, was this by any chance done on an e-ticket?
Old Mar 13, 2008, 9:06 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by MiamiBeach
Viajero, was this by any chance done on an e-ticket?
No, it was paper. The reaction was simply based on "if it is not bookable then it is not ticketable". After some "consultations" it was allowed.

Last edited by Viajero; Mar 13, 2008 at 12:49 pm Reason: typo
Old Mar 13, 2008, 10:57 am

How are you communicating with the GSA in Capetown, by phone, fax, e-mail?
Old Mar 13, 2008, 11:05 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by headinclouds
How are you communicating with the GSA in Capetown, by phone, fax, e-mail?
Phone and email.
Old Mar 14, 2008, 7:01 am
Original Poster

I am very happy to report that e-tickets have been issued for this itinerary.

Thanks everyone for your help.
Old Mar 19, 2008, 10:16 am

Programs: AA EXP & 1MM, SkyTeam Gold, *A Gold, Hilton Gold, Starwood Gold, mother's favorite son
Originally Posted by MiamiBeach
We had no desire of ever going to Dubai, but given the extensive schedule from both LHR and AMM, we're thinking about doing CPT-xLHR-DXB-AMM-LHR with ground transportation to/from Oman
FWIW, Swissair does the hop from DXB-MCT for next to nix if you wanna book that separately.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.