Reload this Page >

Figuring Mileage for a OneWorld Award

Figuring Mileage for a OneWorld Award

Old Sep 30, 2006, 7:13 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: aa exp - spg gold - Hyatt Diamond - HH Gold
Originally Posted by Austinrunner
Congratulations!

Always remember the Flyertalk rule: Hang up immediately and try again if you reach an agent who doesn't know his or her stuff.
Well done!

And I had some interesting comments by the 2nd EXP agent who just completed a pair of oneworld C awards for my wife and I in April, with parts of it not having a lot flexibility (sfo-scl-ipc-tls-bud-lhr-sfo)
exp agent "We cringe when we get these requests."
me "Aren't most of pretty well prepared before we call."
exp agent "Yes, you guys do seem to have a lot knowledge"

And the reason she was the 2nd was because the 1st probably cringed too much and we "mysteriously" got disconnected.

^ for Deann (sp) @RDU
Old Sep 30, 2006, 8:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold, Hyatt Explorist,, Delta Plat,
Originally Posted by LRD
What did you finally book for start/end points? Did you manage to get back to DC?
Hey LRD, unfortunately I did not make it back to DC. I played the AAgent phone game (call back and back and back) but no one gave me the answer I was looking for (although I did appreciate the comic relief given me by the agent who swore I couldn't even make it back to the states...), so I'll end in ORD at 5:15am. It's still not bad. I have friends in MIA and ORD to stay with and cheap tickets are always available MDW-BWI and BWI-FLL, so it should be ok.

Either that or I'll be so sick of flying 76:10 (in the air alone), I'll rent a car and drive Chicago-DC.
Old Oct 7, 2006, 1:39 am

Programs: AA Ex Plt
Originally Posted by dcstudent
Hey LRD, unfortunately I did not make it back to DC. I played the AAgent phone game (call back and back and back) but no one gave me the answer I was looking for (although I did appreciate the comic relief given me by the agent who swore I couldn't even make it back to the states...), so I'll end in ORD at 5:15am. It's still not bad. I have friends in MIA and ORD to stay with and cheap tickets are always available MDW-BWI and BWI-FLL, so it should be ok.

Either that or I'll be so sick of flying 76:10 (in the air alone), I'll rent a car and drive Chicago-DC.
Congrats! I need to get on planning my bar trip. I just can't decide on where I want to go. Every time I think of somewhere I decide I want to go somewhere else as well. I'll be flying on a One World J class RTW ticket as well.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.