Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > oneworld
Reload this Page >

Ways to maximize oneworld/elite benefits on LEVEL flights?

Ways to maximize oneworld/elite benefits on LEVEL flights?

Old Sep 1, 19, 10:21 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 4
Ways to maximize oneworld/elite benefits on LEVEL flights?

Hi there, long time lurker, first time poster here (so I apparently can't post URLs - sorry!). If I'm posting this in the wrong place, my apologies. I normally fly AA and am close to elite status with them (like $37 EQDs shy of gold, hoping to hit platinum by the end of the year). However, I live in a remote part of the east coast and will need to be traveling to Paris several times over the next year or so (potentially as often as once a month and largely out of my own pocket). It looks like the cheapest flight options for me are the LEVEL flights out of Newark. As best as I can tell, AA offers no credit of any kind for flights taken on LEVEL. However, it looks like Iberia *might* give some elite status credit? (I'd link to the elite status page on Iberia, but as I just registered my account, I can't post links yet!) The site is very unclear as to how they're credited and what I can receive from flying on LEVEL. Ideally, what I would like is to convert these flights into Sapphire oneworld status so that I could get Admiral's Lounge access when flying other oneworld flights, but I'm open to other ideas. Obviously the best thing would be if I could get some kind of elite status credit with AA, but I don't think that's possible. Any ideas on how to maximize the benefits of these flights? What elite program should I credit the flights to? Should I book them in a certain way to maximize my benefits? Any help here would be much appreciated.
AtlasBurden is offline  
Old Sep 1, 19, 10:55 pm
  #2  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: MEL CHC
Posts: 14,213
Welcome to FT

Originally Posted by AtlasBurden View Post
Hi there, long time lurker, first time poster here (so I apparently can't post URLs - sorry!). If I'm posting this in the wrong place, my apologies. I normally fly AA and am close to elite status with them (like $37 EQDs shy of gold, hoping to hit platinum by the end of the year).

However, I live in a remote part of the east coast and will need to be traveling to Paris several times over the next year or so (potentially as often as once a month and largely out of my own pocket). It looks like the cheapest flight options for me are the LEVEL flights out of Newark. As best as I can tell, AA offers no credit of any kind for flights taken on LEVEL.

However, it looks like Iberia *might* give some elite status credit? (I'd link to the elite status page on Iberia, but as I just registered my account, I can't post links yet!) The site is very unclear as to how they're credited and what I can receive from flying on LEVEL.

Ideally, what I would like is to convert these flights into Sapphire oneworld status so that I could get Admiral's Lounge access when flying other oneworld flights, but I'm open to other ideas.

Obviously the best thing would be if I could get some kind of elite status credit with AA, but I don't think that's possible.

Any ideas on how to maximize the benefits of these flights?
What elite program should I credit the flights to?
Should I book them in a certain way to maximize my benefits?
Any help here would be much appreciated.
Level is a low cost airline brand of IB
https://www.flylevel.com/en/contact-us/faqs
Be careful about add on to the base fare. https://www.flylevel.com/en/about-us/optional-extras/

You cannot "convert these flights into Sapphire oneworld". You would need to check the IB for the earning rate. With cheap fares (low fare booking class) would not be expecting much.

Only credits to IB from info on https://www.wheretocredit.com/level

However from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Level_(airline_brand)
Frequent-flyer programme
In common with all IAG subsidiary airlines, Level's frequent-flyer programme is Avios. Passengers may thus earn and redeem Avios points on Level in addition to Aer Lingus, Air Italy, British Airways, Flybe, Iberia, Kulula, and Vueling. Avios points may also be used for travel on airlines in the Oneworld alliance.
I could not find anything on the Level web site that substantiates that. Avios is a ff currency used, by several different freq flyer programs. [Not avios program] It is possible to move avois between some of these ffp's subject to t&c's

A blog site--> https://onemileatatime.com/earning-m...evel-airlines/
IB & BA ffp mentioned. AA ff miles on 1 route only
But Level not in https://www.britishairways.com/en-us...-avios/flights, so may be in error.

Some threads on Level here-->https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/iber...eria-plus-683/
Have asked a moderator to move this thread to that forum

Last edited by Mwenenzi; Sep 1, 19 at 11:03 pm
Mwenenzi is offline  
Old Sep 1, 19, 11:03 pm
  #3  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 4
I really wish I could post a URL, but if you go to the "How to get Elite Points" page on Iberia's website, it specifically mentions that you *can* get Elite points from flying LEVEL. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to have many details beyond that. So what I meant by "convert to oneworld Sapphire status" is that I'm hoping to get Iberia (or some other oneworld program) elite points on the LEVEL flights and eventually track up enough to hit oneworld Sapphire status with a non-AA airline. Again, however, I'm open to other ideas and am not even sure that's possible.

Thank you for the reply, I appreciate it! And again, apologies if this is in the wrong forum. I thought since I'm not set on Iberia necessarily, it was best to have it as a general oneworld thread rather than Iberia specifically.
AtlasBurden is offline  
Old Sep 1, 19, 11:05 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: NT Australia
Programs: QF WP
Posts: 1,653
nancypants is online now  
Old Sep 1, 19, 11:07 pm
  #5  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 4
Yes, that's the page! (It won't let me reply directly to you because that's still quoting a URL, but that's it! Thanks!)
AtlasBurden is offline  
Old Sep 1, 19, 11:09 pm
  #6  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: MEL CHC
Posts: 14,213
Originally Posted by AtlasBurden View Post
I really wish I could post a URL, but if you go to the "How to get Elite Points" page on Iberia's website, it specifically mentions that you *can* get Elite points from flying LEVEL.
Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to have many details beyond that. So what I meant by "convert to oneworld Sapphire status" is that I'm hoping to get Iberia (or some other oneworld program) elite points on the LEVEL flights and eventually track up enough to hit oneworld Sapphire status with a non-AA airline. Again, however, I'm open to other ideas and am not even sure that's possible..
To me it looks like Level can only credit to IB ffp, so status(elite) would be with IB.
Would take a lot of cheap fares to get OW Sapphire

You only have 5 posts on your first day as a newbie. [spam prevention measure]
nancypants likes this.
Mwenenzi is offline  
Old Sep 2, 19, 12:22 am
  #7  
 
Join Date: May 2003
Programs: OW Emerald
Posts: 1,365
Originally Posted by AtlasBurden View Post
I really wish I could post a URL, but if you go to the "How to get Elite Points" page on Iberia's website, it specifically mentions that you *can* get Elite points from flying LEVEL. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to have many details beyond that. So what I meant by "convert to oneworld Sapphire status" is that I'm hoping to get Iberia (or some other oneworld program) elite points on the LEVEL flights and eventually track up enough to hit oneworld Sapphire status with a non-AA airline. Again, however, I'm open to other ideas and am not even sure that's possible.

Thank you for the reply, I appreciate it! And again, apologies if this is in the wrong forum. I thought since I'm not set on Iberia necessarily, it was best to have it as a general oneworld thread rather than Iberia specifically.
You've really answered your own question. You'll earn elite points according to the rate shown on the web page you already saw. It will be according to the "other airlines" table and most LEVEL fares will be discount economy. So you're looking at 90 elite points per EWR-CDG flight, and need 2250 points in a year to attain/keep Oro (Sapphire) on IB.
jridge is offline  
Old Sep 2, 19, 1:40 am
  #8  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: MEL CHC
Posts: 14,213
Originally Posted by jridge View Post
...
So you're looking at 90 elite points per EWR-CDG flight, and need 2250 points in a year to attain/keep Oro (Sapphire) on IB.
Which is 25 one way flights. (~1 every 2 weeks)

Not worth selecting flights based only on ff earning. Better to select on schedule & price and treat ff miles/status as a bonus that may/may not happen.
Mwenenzi is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread