FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ways to maximize oneworld/elite benefits on LEVEL flights?
Old Sep 2, 2019, 12:22 am
jridge

Programs: OW Emerald
Originally Posted by AtlasBurden
I really wish I could post a URL, but if you go to the "How to get Elite Points" page on Iberia's website, it specifically mentions that you *can* get Elite points from flying LEVEL. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to have many details beyond that. So what I meant by "convert to oneworld Sapphire status" is that I'm hoping to get Iberia (or some other oneworld program) elite points on the LEVEL flights and eventually track up enough to hit oneworld Sapphire status with a non-AA airline. Again, however, I'm open to other ideas and am not even sure that's possible.

Thank you for the reply, I appreciate it! And again, apologies if this is in the wrong forum. I thought since I'm not set on Iberia necessarily, it was best to have it as a general oneworld thread rather than Iberia specifically.
You've really answered your own question. You'll earn elite points according to the rate shown on the web page you already saw. It will be according to the "other airlines" table and most LEVEL fares will be discount economy. So you're looking at 90 elite points per EWR-CDG flight, and need 2250 points in a year to attain/keep Oro (Sapphire) on IB.