RTW DIY just for fun!

Old Jun 13, 19, 3:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver
RTW DIY just for fun!

OK....so I might be a little bored this evening and find myself turning to my vice....looking at flights (sad I know). I was also thinking about the cost of RTW tickets and looking at the Premium Fare deals and wondered about creating a DIY RTW fare. Looking at traveling in September this year I came up with this one:

LON - TUN (no OneWorld carrier - cheapest economy ticket I found 117.00 with AF or 341 in business with LH)

TUN-AMMx-BKKx-KUL - KTM - HKGx-SFO - MIAx-BOG - GRU - MADx-OPO - all in business for 3,805.00 all in and 1160 TPs (if using BAEC) (for about an extra 200.00 you could do Bogota to Iguasu with stop over and then Rio with stopover instead of Sao Paulo)

I tried to create as close an itinerary as possible on the RTW tool (admittedly starting and ending in Paris because trying to end an itinerary in Tunis is a PITA), and avoiding any BA flights so as not to inflate the price further, I got a fare of 6,815.00 (7,660) - uses 12 sectors. I know we are not talking like for like - but just found it interesting. Wonder if there are any other clever options out there.
Old Jun 13, 19, 7:33 pm

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
you can nest two good deals round trip to form 2 RTWs.
ie. fly QR say north america to bkk, and nested with another KTM usa.
wijibintheair likes this.
Old Jun 14, 19, 3:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by pbd456 View Post
you can nest two good deals round trip to form 2 RTWs.
ie. fly QR say north america to bkk, and nested with another KTM usa.
This one was quite interesting:

LIS-DOHx-KTM-HKGx-SFO-MIAx-BOG-GRU-MADx-LIS-MADx-GRU-BOG-MIAx-SFO-HGKx-KTM/KTM-DOHx-LIS - effectively giving you stopovers in Lisbon/Katmandu/San Francisco/Bogota/Sao Paulo both ways - 5,638.00 and 1,920 TPs

OR

JFK-NRT-BKK-KULx-KTM-DOHx-JFK-DOHx-KTM-KULx-BKK-NRTx-JFK - effectively giving you stopovers in NYC/Tokyo/Bangkok/Katmandu - 4,530.00 and 1,560.00 TPs

Search this Thread