FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - RTW DIY just for fun!
View Single Post
Old Jun 13, 2019, 3:45 pm
wijibintheair

Programs: BAEC Silver
RTW DIY just for fun!

OK....so I might be a little bored this evening and find myself turning to my vice....looking at flights (sad I know). I was also thinking about the cost of RTW tickets and looking at the Premium Fare deals and wondered about creating a DIY RTW fare. Looking at traveling in September this year I came up with this one:

LON - TUN (no OneWorld carrier - cheapest economy ticket I found £117.00 with AF or £341 in business with LH)

TUN-AMMx-BKKx-KUL - KTM - HKGx-SFO - MIAx-BOG - GRU - MADx-OPO - all in business for £3,805.00 all in and 1160 TPs (if using BAEC) (for about an extra £200.00 you could do Bogota to Iguasu with stop over and then Rio with stopover instead of Sao Paulo)

I tried to create as close an itinerary as possible on the RTW tool (admittedly starting and ending in Paris because trying to end an itinerary in Tunis is a PITA), and avoiding any BA flights so as not to inflate the price further, I got a fare of £6,815.00 (€7,660) - uses 12 sectors. I know we are not talking like for like - but just found it interesting. Wonder if there are any other clever options out there.