second entry to Europe

Old Jun 15, 19, 11:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA 4MM EXP; Starwood Lifetime Plt
second entry to Europe

I need help with the current state of the restriction on second entry to Europe. For the routing:

Africa-Europe-North America-South America-North America-Asia-Oceania-Africa

1. First pass through Europe no stop over in Europe, not involving South Africa/Mauritius

2. Travel ends in South Africa.

Is it possible to insert a second entry to Europe, with stop-over, anywhere after North America? (The order of Asia-Oceania could be reversed; mileage accumulation is not a goal). Thanks in advance!
Old Jun 15, 19, 6:13 pm

Programs: NH Diamond, JL JGC Diamond, BA Gold Guest List, CX Diamond
You have to consult rule sheet.
To be clear, you have to distinguish 'Europe/Middle East continent', 'Europe', and 'Middle East'.

4. Flight Application/Routings
(e) Only one intercontinental departure and one intercontinental arrival permitted in each continent except as follows:
3. Two permitted in Europe/Middle East for travel to/from/via Africa.
If travel is to/from Europe in both directions, itinerary may not include Mauritius/South Africa.

You end in South Africa, So you can't do 'to/from Europe in both directions'.
In other words, you can do 'to OR from Europe in one direction, and to OR from Middle East in one direction',
OR, 'to/from Middle East in both directions'.
Old Jun 15, 19, 8:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, LT PLT; QR PLT; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by ajnaro View Post
Is it possible to insert a second entry to Europe, with stop-over, anywhere after North America? (The order of Asia-Oceania could be reversed; mileage accumulation is not a goal). Thanks in advance!
DO you want to go to Europe again or is it for routing? When I have been in that situation, I circumvent the second Europe entry with CX between JNB and HKG.

Search this Thread