Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Wrong FF number on OW booking

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2003, 4:06 am
Original Poster

Wrong FF number on OW booking

I am going to have to change my travel agent because she has put the wrong frequent number (my daughter's AA number)into second daughter's Oneworld booking (on CX BA,QF and LA)and I am having a lot of hassle getting the miles into the correct account after the flights are over.
Has anyone else experienced such a problem -I have always assumed that the interlinked computer systems would quickly pick up the problem and let the passenger know?
Ozflier
Old Aug 18, 2003, 6:56 am

Yes, and it's a pain in the butt. Tell her to recreate the itinerary from scratch and put in the right number. The pnr on the ticket and the pnr on your reservation dont have to match.
Old Aug 18, 2003, 3:09 pm
Original Poster

The worst part is that the flights have been completed and my darling daughter has now found the error and of course wants dad to fix it!
Ozflier
Old Aug 18, 2003, 3:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Unless your daughters have the same first letters in their first names, will the computer accept such a name. If the first letters were different than what is booked, then most oneworld computers would have rejected the information.

But seeing that it was the fault of your travel agent.... let him/her sort it out. It is not your fault.

Failing that, as maybe trying to get other airlines other than AA to move points across, it may be easier to let 2nd daughter just redeem said award for 1st daughter when the time comes.

[This message has been edited by Guy Betsy (edited 08-18-2003).]
Old Aug 18, 2003, 6:55 pm

Yeh, I agree with GB. I think they will care less that it's your agents fault as much as they will care that it wasn't theirs. BA credited a flight to my wrong account somewhat recently and it is to the point that I am convinced it will take an act of God or Congress to fix it. And this was *their* fault. I think that since it's your fault that they will tell you, too bad. Good luck just the same, though.

[This message has been edited by Darren (edited 08-18-2003).]
Old Aug 19, 2003, 4:22 am

Last year my GF had points posted to her QF account by mistake instead of her AA account. TA mistake as well. She phoned QF and explained. IIRC she had to send in all the boarding passes and the points were debited from QF and placed on her AA account.

Not identical but similar situation to yours. Just letting you know its possible to get the points moved, even to another airline.

[Sorry didn't read this closely enough, thought you were talking about QF and not AA]

[This message has been edited by manfromoz (edited 08-19-2003).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.