Wiki Posts
Search

LanChile/AA

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2003, 9:44 am
Original Poster

LanChile/AA

Hi,
I am investigating OWE3 ticket and need help on South American flights, can the following be considered 1 segment if flown in one day?

1. REC(Recife) via GRU (Sao Paolo) on AA then change to LanChile for GRU via SCL(Santiago) to VVI(Santa Cruz)

thanks
Old Aug 11, 2003, 11:03 am

Location: Austin, TX -- AA Life Platinum; QF Life Silver; UA Silver
No. It would count as three segments. A segment is a non-stop or direct flight with a single flight number. But that is moot anyway for many reasons as REC-GRU is a codeshare and can't be used on a OWE3, Lan Chile doesn't fly to VVI and it also isn't possible to fly all those segments in one day.

[This message has been edited by hauteboy (edited 08-11-2003).]
Old Aug 12, 2003, 1:55 am

Programs: QF WP; VA Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by anna007:

I am investigating OWE3 ticket and need help on South American flights,
</font>
I may need to be corrected, but if you are going to South America don't you need at least 4 continents?
Old Aug 18, 2003, 10:05 am
Original Poster

thank you,
you are both correct.
I guess I dont have flights within a country in SAmerica except for Chile and I have to add either South Pacific or North America for OWE4.
I have more questions: does South Pacific include any of the islands and does MEL-HKG count as Asia or Pacific, and SCL-AKL?

cheers
Old Aug 18, 2003, 11:42 am
In Memoriam

SWP includes islands such as Tahiti and Fiji and a bunch of other little ones, most of which you can't get to on a OWE.

MEL is SWP and HKG is Asia, two different continents.
Old Aug 19, 2003, 7:07 am
Original Poster

thanks ExMo,
I meant MEL-HKG flight, is it counted a sector within Asia or SWP, or I can get an extra flight between continents?

Old Aug 19, 2003, 7:48 am
Suspended

Programs: None any more
The flights between continents do not count towards the 4 per continent (6 in N America) limit. However they do count towards the overall 20 segment limit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.